13.

Omg thank you guys so much for your support!!! Almost 5k reads already!!! Wow!!! I love you guys so much. 💘💘💘 this book will be getting more intense so be ready! I didn't expect to be updating so much but I love the way that it's going so far! Excuse the errors I haven't been editing but I will be! I just get tired after a while haha.

Novalie;

"Tip outs, tip outs." The manager sang as he walked into the locker room. It was after two a.m and we were finally wrapping it up. I was exhausted, my body aching terribly from the amount of private dances I did tonight.

It seems as though the group of men who want me are growing. The group of lawyers kept expanding as if they're telling their buddies about me. It's good for my pockets but I'm exhausted and my body aches. I only get two days off during the week, and one of them is spent studying for class so I don't fall behind.

Despite being exhausted, I was absolutely excited for my night with Sage. I didn't expect her to ask me to go anywhere with her at all. It's not like we're dating or anything. I do, however, feel myself growing more and more attracted to her as the days pass. Ever since giving her my number she's always texting me, asking if I ate and if I got any sleep.

It was weird to have someone other than Claire be concerned about my well-being. But then again it felt nice, but I was scared. I don't want to get hurt because at the end of the day I'm nothing but a sex worker trying to make due. I don't want her to view me as that, but it's my reality.

I can't do anything to change that. Not yet, at least.

I counted out my money, smiling from the amount that I made. I made twenty-thousand dollars, but fifteen goes home with me. I handed my manager his stack and he hummed in pleasure as he ran his hands through the money.

"You are my star, Novalie. My super nova."

"Yeah, thanks. Have a goodnight everyone." I stated reluctantly as I stood, grabbing my things and walking out of the locker room. I didn't bother listening to the mumbling, smiling as I heard my manager yell a loud 'shut up' in what I would assume in my defense.

It wasn't my fault that I worked instead of playing around. I had bills to pay and a teenager to take care of. They don't need to know any of that, though. They can continue to assume what they want. It's not my job to change anyone's perception of me.

I said goodnight to the bartender and stepped outside, yawning as the cool air hit my face as I started to walk to the train. My phone chimed and I stopped in my tracks, reading the text message in confusion.

Behind you. - S.

I looked up and turned around but I didn't see anyone. I looked around in confusion when I heard a loud laugh causing me to scoff and roll my eyes as her headlights turned on. She was parked in front of the club and I chuckled as I walked over and slipped into the passengers seat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I leaned over and gave her a slight hug. I pulled back and saw a sweet smile on her face as her eyes analyzed mine.

"I was around..kind of. So I wanted to give you a ride home." Sage grinned. I smiled and shook my head before sighing as I slumped back.

"You just couldn't wait until tomorrow to see me, huh?"

"And what about it?" She replied as she pulled off causing me to laugh in shock before rolling my eyes.

"How was it, tonight?" She asked as she drove down the street. I groaned and sat back while running a hand down my face.

"As it is every night, full of men getting their rocks off. You okay?" I asked as I touched her hand slightly causing her to look at me briefly with a smile.

"I'm okay, sweetie. Did you eat?"

"No."

"Novalie.."

"I know, I know. I'll eat when I get home. I have some cold pizza waiting for me in the fridge."

"Sounds nutritious."

"Don't get all Professor on me. It's what Claire had for dinner and she saved some for me. You're not the only one trying to force me to eat." I giggled causing her to laugh.

"Well..as long as you eat. I might have to put you on a feeding tube."

"Oh please. I'll put you on a drip before you ever do that."

"Oh shut up."

"Make me."

Sage smirked as she stopped at a red light before looking at me with dark eyes. I smirked back as I shot her a daring look and she chuckled as she ran a finger across her lips as if she was contemplating something.

Do it. Please.

"Hm. You wouldn't want me to take you up on that."

"Yeah whatever, pussy."

"Oh word? That's how you feel?" She asked with a laugh as she continued to drive. I nodded and she chuckled darkly without saying another word causing me to swallow hard.

What was that?

The rest of the ride was silent, but the type of silence that was comfortable. We listened to music that played from her phone as she continued to drive through the city. We were now in front of my building and I sighed before looking over to see her staring at me intensely.

"What?" I asked quietly with a smile on my face. She shook her head with a smirk while licking her lips and I bit mine before looking away.

"Have a goodnight, Sage. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Novalie. Make sure you eat, okay?"

"And if I don't?" I challenged as I looked over at her. She chuckled with a charming smile on her face as she shook her head while licking her lips again.

"You're funny. Go get some sleep. "

"Mhm. Let me know when you're home please."

"Of course. Wouldn't want you to worry." I laughed at her response before rolling my eyes and getting out of the car. I walked toward the door and turned to see her staring and I smirked as her eyes travelled up to mine. She saw she was caught but she just smirked causing me to chuckle.

Mhm. Caught you once again.