46.

Unedited

Novalie:

"Baby, baby calm down for a second-"

"You want me to calm down?! You want me to fùcking calm down?!" I screamed as I continued to trash Claire's room. I ripped down every single poster, every single thing I bought for her was completely damaged. I felt like I couldn't breath, panting from anger and my heart racing in my chest as the tears streamed down my face.

"Fuck this little bitch and her mom! Fuck them! I'm done! I'm done!" I screamed as I pushed her dresser over, her mirror and vanity shattering into pieces. I grabbed the bat that I took from Sage's room and started to smash the vanity into pieces, screaming as I let out all of my anger.

"She can have her. I'm done. I'm done putting myself last. I'm fùcking done. I could've saved all of that money. I could've left her in foster care. I could've...I just..." I started sobbing as I dropped the bat, Sage running over and wrapping her arms around me. I felt weak. I felt defeated.

I felt numb. I wanted nothing more than to kill both of them but I couldn't. I felt completely empty.

"Novie..." Brooke breathed causing me to pull away from Sage and look at the door. Claire was standing there with a suitcase as she looked around in shock.

"Leave."

"Novalie-"

"LEAVE!" I screamed causing all three of them to jump. Sage stood next to me with her arms wrapped around me so I wouldn't launch myself toward the young teenager that broke me to pieces more than once.

"You want to live with her? Fine. You lie on me after I take care of you? Okay. Go. Here. Take the fucking papers, and leave." I grabbed a pen and ripped the envelope open, signing abruptly on the dotted line before throwing the papers including the pen at her.

"I'm done. You got it. Now leave. None of this shit is yours. She can get you new things. Don't call me, don't text me. I don't ever want to see you again. I don't give a fuck if she leaves you in the street. Don't fucking call me, Clarita."

"Nov-"

"Shut up, Sage!" I yelled causing her to jump and look at me with hurt green eyes. I swallowed hard as she slowly pulled away from me and I sighed as I ran a hand down my face.

"Do you really mean that?" Claire asked quietly and I laughed. I laughed so hard that they all looked at me in complete fear.

"Are you kidding me? Fuck, I feel like I'm having a fùcking fever dream. None of this shit makes fùcking sense. You told her that I abused you, Claire. She went to the court, Claire. She legally has custody of you now, Claire. Fuck I look like going to court to fight over you? This is the third time you've hurt me. Oh, but this? This cut deep, Claire. Deep. Don't fucking come back." My voice was dark. I couldn't even recognize my own voice as I spoke. Claire nodded as the tears streamed down her face and she walked down the stairs. The door shut and I looked between Brooke and Sage who were staring at me with concern and I shook my head.

"I just..I just need some space."

"No. You're not going to be alone right now." Sage stated, her voice trembling causing me to look over at her. I let out a breath, before shaking my head as I slowly sat down on the bed.

"I wasted my whole life paying for someone else's mistakes. And this is what I get instead? There's no point in me going to court to fight this. The lie about abuse is just the stepping stone for everything else they tried to pin on me before. Those words coming out of her mouth is an automatic no. They won't believe me over her. It's over. It's over, Sage. It's over." I sobbed quietly, but then it turned into laughter. I laughed, and laughed, Sage slowly walking toward me as I continued to laugh wholeheartedly into the air with tears streaming down my face.

"Novalie?" Sage asked, but I just continued to laugh. I laughed because it was over. It was really over and I was completely done. Never have I ever thought that this day would ever come. But it did, and I didn't know what to do.

She wasn't my responsibility anymore and instead of feeling relieved, I felt like my own child was ripped from my arms. And she had no remorse. Neither of them do. She only wants to live with Victoria because of all the glitz and glamor.

Everything I did my best to give her was down the drain because her mother came back with a little more pocket change that I literally shook my ass for every night since I was sixteen years old. I fed that mouth and braided that hair. I taught her how to spell her name. I made sure she was put together and had the best shoes and clothes despite being broke and sleeping on someone's couch.

And it meant nothing. Nothing at all.

I let out a breath before looking between Brooke and Sage who continued to stare at me with utter worry and shock. I opened the drawer next to the bed and saw the bag of exotic weed and edibles that sat inside of it. I pulled it out and looked at Sage who shook her head.

"Don't. Don't get into that habit. Please. I know you're upset right now, but getting high will not help."

"You sure? It seemed to help my mom. And Claire. Why not me? After all, I was becoming a nurse because I wanted to help people. But it's clear no one wants to help me. It's fuck me, so fuck it right?" I laughed as I ripped open the edible. I didn't even read the package, stuffing the entire thing into my mouth causing Brooke to gasp.

"Oh shit, she's gonna be high off the earth. Shit." Brooke hissed. Sage face palmed herself and I shrugged.

"I rather that than feeling anything at all."