First encounter. ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ

During class, mal couldn't help but to find herself staring at the beautiful red head that sat next to her. She didn't know why it was, but she made mal feel  like she wanted to know her more. Not because she was into her, no. Liking girls while being one, it's wrong. It was definitely because she wanted to know if she was mad max.

Definitely.

After class, she found herself thinking about a particular person. She went to her next class, only to be disappointed by the fact that max wasn't there.

                           𒊹︎ 𒊹︎ 𒊹︎

After like three classes of zoning out, and thinking of many different things, It was finally lunch. The party all stood behind a fence, looking for max.

"There's no way that's mad max."  Mike yelled annoyed.

"Yeah. Girls don't play video games." Will commented, causing mal to turn around to him sending his a teasing glare.

"E-except you of course." He stuttered out.

Mal smiled at him, telling him that she was joking.

"And even if they did, you can't get 750,000 points on Dig Dug. It's impossible." Mike told.

"Yeah but her name is max." Lucas said turning towards mike.

"So what?"

"How many maxes do you know?" Mal asked her brother.

"I don't know." Mike shrugged.

"Zero. That's how many." Lucas said proving his point.

"And she shows up at school the day after someone with her same name breaks our top score. I mean, are you kidding me?" Dustin said, not looking away from her.

"Exactly. So she's gotta be mad max. She's gotta be." Lucas said looking back at her.

"And plus she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome." Mal commented, causing them to glare at her questionably.

"Awesome? You haven't even spoken a word to her."Mike said annoyingly to his sister.

"I don't have to. I mean, look at her." Mal told.

"You know what? Im going to talk to her." Mal told confidently.

They all looked at her like she had toes growing out of her eyes.

She shrugged and walked towards her.

"Hi, I'm mallory!" She told happily. Mal would be lying if she said she wasn't scared to talk to her.

Max jumped around not expecting that, causing her to fall almost off her skateboard, well almost. Mal caught her.

"Oh shit!" Max yelled as she fell into mal's arms. Mal was quick and caught her.

"Im sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" Mal apologized.

"You're okay." Max laughed.

It was silent a moment. That was until max decided to break it.

"I'm max by the way. Which I think you already knew."

"Oh I definitely didn't know. Even though mr. Clarke introduced you to the whole class." Mal joked sarcastically.

Max laughed at her antics. Holy crap. Even her laugh was perfect!

"Well, I'm Mallory wheeler. But I go by mal. Please never call me Mallory." Mal told the redhead.

The sun had suddenly gotten more brighter.

Does he always do that?" Max asked, talking about mr. Clarke.

"Yeah. It's like a tradition or something." Mal shrugged.

"Are those stalkers your friends?" Max asked, motioning towards the party, who looked away.

"Well, yeah. But the one that looks like a mushroom, that's my brother." She told.

"Hm. Here, do you have some paper?" Max asked.

"Yeah." Mal grabbed a random paper from her bag and gave it to max.

She scribbled something before going over to the trash can.

"by the way, this isn't towards you. You seem cool, mal." Max said with a smile that could make mal melt.

She walked over towards the trash can, and threw a paper inside.

"I've gotta go, but see you later." She waved, leaving mal there, very happy.

The boys ran over, Dustin digging in the trash can.

"Are you actually doing that?!" She yelled disgustingly.

He found the note, and read it out loud with a disappointed face.

Mal laughed at them before walking into the school building, waving bye.

As she left, she heard the principal call wills name, he was leaving early.

                               𒊹︎ 𒊹︎ 𒊹︎

For the next two classes, mal was bored out of her mind. She just wanted to talk to max or the party.

During her second to last class, mal's mind suddenly began to wonder back to the upside down.

This was common ever since last year. She would wonder back there in her dreams, and in her daydreams.

She even sometimes had episodes, as the party would like to call them. She told Mike about them, and the rest of the party just finding out after she had some in front of them.

She was terrified of that place. Everything about it. The demogorgon. It haunts her everyday, and every night.

She hasn't gotten any help. And wasn't going to. Mike had told her many times that things were going to get better. But they never did.

She was scared every time she thought about it. She just wanted to be normal. She just wanted her nightmares and episodes to end.

Her mind then came back to reality when it started slightly raining outside. She looked out the window she was next to and saw the gentle rain falling.

She turned her attention back to the teacher and tried to focus on class. Trying to not focus on her thoughts of the upside down.

However, the thought never left her. The thought of everything getting worse.

The thought of it coming to get her.

AN: okay so I'm sorry for the short chapter. Also I know this sucks but I didn't know what to write. Also, in the next chapter, mal is going to loose her shit. So like, be ready for that.

bye 😏