Preparing. ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴇɴ

That night, Mal was alone. Mike was at wills the whole night. She felt restless. She nearly got any sleep that night.

Nancy wasn't there either. She was having her girls day, or doing something that she probably wasn't supposed to.

At the morning, she was having breakfast with her mom and dad. It was so awkward since Mike and Nancy weren't there.

They all sat in silence eating. Mal decided she needed to ask a question.

"What do you guys do when someone's mad at you?" She asked, gaining the attention of her mother and father.

"Well, is someone mad at you?" Their mom asked.

Mal just nodded. She didn't want to explain any of it.

"Well, you should apologize, and whatever you did, don't do it again." Her mom said. But what did that mean?

"Okay." She said. Then they were all back to eating in awkward silence.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Later that day, Mal was alone in her room. She had nothing to do and nowhere to go.

She could go to the arcade, but max was there. And max definitely didn't want to see her.

She heard the doorbell ring several times, but she was to tired to get it.

She turned over and looked out her window. Just in time to see Dustin walking down the steps and a car pulling up the driveway.

She looked closer and saw Steve get out. Dustin walked over, grabbing the flowers.

Mal was bored, so she got up, and ran down the stairs. She already had her shoes on, so she just ran out the door.

As she got out, she yelled, "hey! What are you guys doing?!" She yells, running over.

Steve and Dustin turned around, not expecting her.

"Mal? Your dad said you weren't home?" Dustin asked.

Mal sighed, "yeah, we'll my dads a piece of shit." She said, climbing into the back of Steve's car.

"Okay, where are we going?" She asked.

Nobody answered her though, Dustin and Steve were talking about something, she wasn't listening. Her mind was somewhere else.

She was thinking about max.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Sooner or later, they arrived at Dustin house. In... the backyard?

Steve and Dustin got out, Steve grabbing his bat from the trunk, and Dustin going with him.

Mal got out, going with them. She didn't know what they were doing, and why Steve needed a bat, but oh well.

They walked over to a storm seller. Steve banged his bat on it a couple of times, trying to apparently scar something in there or something.

Mal got some information over time, such as dart growing, and that Dustin kept him.

Steve shined his light in Dustin face, complaining about how if it was a Halloween prank, he would do something, Mal didn't care enough to listen.

"You gotta key for thing thing?" Steve asked Dustin.

Dustin ran inside, grabbing a keg and coming back out.

Steve opened the doors, going down into the cellar.

"Me and Mal will stay up here... in case he tries to escape." Dustin said to Steve.

Mal looked over at Dustin nervously. Apparently he could tell because he grabbed her hand. Dustin was always there for Mal when she was nervous.