25. Phase one in action.

The five teenagers and four adults sat quietly in the van, holding onto the equipment the were going to use.

Nobody said a word, nothing. They were all too focused on what was about to happen, so was Mal.

She was scared for max. She was scared for all her friends and family. She wished all this was a bad dream that she had to wake up from.

But it wasn't. And Mal knew what was about to come.

The van pulled over on the road, beside the creel house. The four kids piled out the van, looking up at the murderous house.

Mal turned around to face her sister, seeing the tears glistening in her eyes. She didn't know what to say, and neither did her older sister.

So instead, Nancy jumped out the vehicle and wrapped her arms tightly around her younger sister. "I love you, you know that, right?"

Mal nodded, feeling her own tears coming to her eyes.

"Everything's gonna be okay. And after all this is over, we'll be able to be free of this and not worry about anything, okay?" Nancy asked Mal, holding her face in her hands, looking her in the eye.

Mal nodded at her words. "Yeah, everything will be okay." She took a breath, watching the tears run from Nancy's eyes, and she felt her own coming down. "I love you too."

Nancy nodded, before bringing her sister in a embrace once again. The two hugged for a moment, before pulling away.

Max and Lucas said their small goodbyes to the others in the van, while Erica waited. Once Mal and Nancy pulled away, Mal walked up to the van to say goodbye.

Dustin hurried out, trying his best to hold the tears back, as he hugged his best friend as hard as possible.

"Be Safe, okay? I can't lose you again, you're my best friend." Dustin's voice broke as he buried his face in Mal's neck.

Mal let the tears go down her face as well. By now, everyone was probably crying. The situation put to much stress onto everyone, making them so scared.

"You be safe too. I wanna be able to see you in one whole piece once all this is over." Mal lightly laughed, pulling away from the hug.

Dustin chuckled, nodding. "Goodbye for now, Mal."

Mal ran up into the van, pulling robin into a big hug. She older girl wrapped her arms around the smaller girl, patting her back.

"Do what Dustin says and be safe. I mean it, I need my smaller gay best friend around." She smiled brightly at Mal.

"I'll be okay, and you better be too." Mal said quietly before pulling away and walking over to Steve.

Steve already had his arms open before she got there, a weak smile on his face. Mal immediately brought him into a hug, holding onto the back of his shirt.

"No matter how much I act like I hate you, I don't." Mal muttered truthfully, before pulling away.

"Be carful, female wheeler." Steve whispered, as the two gave small nods to each other. Mal made her way to Eddie, jumping into his arms.

"I swear, don't do anything stupid." She told him, listening as the boy laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay. And after this we can have another campaign, hopefully." He smiled at her, ruffling her hair before she pulled away.

Mal sighed out, before once again stepping out of the van. She was so emotional and scared because she knew something bad was going to happen. She could feel it.