The bite. ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

TW: mention of gore and pain.

Sitting in hoppers cabin, was the party. Everyone besides El and Mal were sitting on the couch.

The two girls were in the kitchen, chugging water. Mal was still very terrified over what Billy said.

She didn't want to die, but she would for her friends. She would do anything for them.

After drinking water, they went and sat on the couch with the rest of the party. They began explaining what had happened.

After explaining most of the story, they got to the climax. Max had asked what illy said in the void.

"He said that it was all for us." El said, talking about Mal and her. "Building something..."

"Is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked.

"He must be." Mike answered.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas said, walking up to the couch.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike told him.

"He's building it to stop Mal and Eleven." Will pointed out.

"Last year, El closed the gate and Mallie survived the attack from the demodog." Mike said, as Mal hugged her stomach at the the reminder of last year. "I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike told them.

"Like, royally." Lucas said.

"And the mind flayer knows that El is the only thing that can close the gate, and Mallie is the only thing that can stop him." Mike said, looking at his sister.

"What?" Mal asked, suddenly confused.

"El is the only thing that can close the gate. You are the only thing that can stop him. Kill him." He clarified.

"I'm the only thing that can stop him?" Mal asked.

She didn't know that. She thought that she could only do damage.

"Yeah." Mike said, they continuing. "But if their out of the way-".

"Game over." Lucas finished for him.

"He also said that... he was going to kill all of you." El said. "Mal first."

Ma really wished he hadn't said that. She already n ew Mike was going to make a big deal out of it.

"Wait, what?" Nancy asked.

"Why Mal first?" Will asked.

"Because... I'm apparently the only thing that can kill him. Then Rl can close the gate." She told him, looking down.

Max grabbed her hand, "hey, I won't let anything bad happen to you." She told her.

Mal smiled weakly at her.

"Yeah, me too." Mike told her, grabbing her other hand.

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you guys, either. I'll protect you with everything I have." She told them.

They all smiled at each other, before a faint screeching noise was heard. Nobody really heard it besides Nancy.

Nancy got up, walking towards the window. Mal watched her older sister, thinking. Was the mind flayer here? Was it here to get her and el?

"Do you guys hear that?" Nancy asked them.

Everyone was quiet as they stood still. They went silent, trying to hear it.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan said.

"Billy." Nancy said, before turning around. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" She asked.