5. Everythings back?

The next morning, Mal woke up with yet another nightmare. These happened every night.

She checked the time, 7:45. Mike was leaving for the airport at like 8:30. Mal rolled back over in her bed, trying to go back so sleep from her horrible nightmare.

That was until someone tapped on her shoulder, making her turn around to face whoever it was. It was mike.

"Hey, Mallie, you okay? Did you have another nightmare?" He asked.

Mal shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Um, why are you all dressed up? Isn't the flight in like I don't know an hour?" Mal asked.

Mike laughed at her. "Um, no, actually. I'm about to leave."

Mal's eyes widened "but-" she looked over at her clock, the time reading  8:20 shit! She read the time wrong.

She quickly jumped up, looking around the room. "I thought it said seven!"

The two walked downstairs, to greet their parents. Mike gave them all hugs and told them goodbye, until it was Mal's turn.

Mal hugged her brother tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much." She sadly said.

"Hey, it's only for a week." Mike broke apart from the hug. "And like you said, we can still call over the phone." He smiled at her.

Yup, he didn't smile "down" at her, because she finally reached his height! She was now taller than max and the same height as mike.

Anyways, she smiled back at him, as he left the house with Nancy, to go to the airport.

After mike left, Mal went back to bed, hoping to not have another nightmare.

But of course, you don't get everything you want in life. So yes, Mal did have a awful nightmare. She just decided to go visit robin and Steve.

•••

Mal sat on the counter in the Family Video store, as robin and Steve went on about Vickie.

Mal was too focused on her thoughts to listen. She thought about her most recent thought, the mind flayer.

Yeah, yeah, it died last year, but Mal couldn't help but to have a feeling that he was still there in a way. If not the mind flayer, something else. Something new.

Robin ranted about everything, until she backed up in a wall, making a bang, getting Mal's attention.

"I'm hopeless." Robin sighed.

Steve laid back on the wall with her, sighing. "We both are."

Mal walked over, laying back in between them. "That makes three." She sighed.

Steve and robin looked down at the girl. "God, you're lucky." Robing sighed.

"Yeah, you've found your girl." Steve said, making Mal blush.

The thought of max being hers was the best feeling.

"Yeah, I found my girl, but I'm everything but lucky." She told them.

"If only we could just, like, combine." Robing said to Steve, making him confused.

"Combine?" He repeated.

Ma left the two with their stupid thoughts, going to look at some movies. She got down on her knees, looking at the small stacks.

She looked back to make sure the two weren't looking, before trying. She was trying to see if her powers were still there.

She focused on a VHS, bending her head down. She wanted it to float up in the air.

She focused on the thing for a long time, before it started floating. As it did so, her nose started bleeding.