2. Im not giving up on you.

Mal cleaned herself up and gathered her belongings, before heading out the bathroom.

As soon as she got out the bathroom, the bell rang. It was time for her first class, health. Mal really didn't want to go, not because she didn't like health, she loved learning about it, but she was to upset and tired.

But, she went anyway. She told herself as she was led only the classroom, "no time to be tired. Just suck it up."

•••

'Running up that hill' by Kate bush played on Mal's Walkman as she walked through the hallways to her locker.

'It didn't hurt me.' The song played, and Mal couldn't stop herself from thinking of max.

At her locker, she grabbed her books or whatever else she needed from there. She slammed her locker shut, and stood there for a minute.

She thought about max. God, she missed her hugs, her touch. Mal missed everything about max, from her red hair, to her beautiful laugh. Even this song reminder her of max, it was max's favorite song.

She remembered when she first met her. About two years ago, when the redhead showed up in her middle school science class. She remembered when they first talked to each other.

She walked up to max on her skateboard, and introduced herself. Ever since that day they first met, she never left Mal's mind.

Just as she was thinking of her, max walked by. Mal wanted to say something, anything. But max walked past her slowly, analyzing every inch of Mal.

It was at this moment, when Mal really wished she could read her mind. She focused hard on max, she looked beautiful.

As the two made eye contact and stared at each other, Mal's nose felt weird, probably a nose bleed. She got those often.

'I miss her.'

Blood ran down Mal's nose, as she quickly wiped it. That wasn't her thought- yeah, she missed max, but she wasn't thinking of that. She was thinking of how beautiful max was.

That was someone else's thought. Did Mal read max's mind? But she couldn't have, her powers were gone.

Before she could say anything to max, she was gone. She quickly followed after the girl.

'If I only could, I'd make a deal with god and I'd get him to swap our places' Mal thought about how relatable that line was.

She followed max and tried to catch up with her. "Max! Max, hey!" She got the attention of the girl.

"What?" Max turned around to face the girl.

"Um- uh, I just wanted to talk. So, Um, how have you been?" Mal stuttered out, as max gave the girl a funny look. "That was a stupid question."

"Okay- what is it?" Max interrupted her.

"Oh, um, I just wanted to check in." Mal said slowly.

"I'm fine." Max said quickly.

Mal knew she wasn't fine. Nobody was, not after what happened.

"Max- I know you're lying." Mal told the girl. "But, please if you need anything please tell me. I'm always here for you." Mal told the girl.

And it was true, she would be there for max always. It would be almost two years of them together, at least before they broke up. She really missed max. Without her, everything was horrible.

"Okay." The redhead said slowly. "Thanks." She quickly said, before walking away.

"Wait, max!" Mal ran to catch up to her. She wasn't done.