24. Honest talks.

Mal hammered a nail into the trash can lid, watching carefully as it slid down into the lid.

Dustin and Eddie were not that far from her, talking and preparing things for the fight.

Mal thought about it all, about how crazy and unreal it was. She wished it was all a big nightmare. Mal would do anything to be at home, in her bed with max beside her.

Too focused on her thoughts, Mal didn't see where she was hammering the hammer, as it slammed down onto her finger. She flinched and backed up, mentally cursing.

For the one minute she got focused on something else, the hammer just had to slip and slam the hell out of her finger.

"Hey, wheeler, you okay?" Eddie asked from behind, seeing how the girl smashed her finger.

Mal held in her scream, her finger throbbing. "Yep. Just gonna go see if Steve and robin have something."

The younger girl quickly walked over to the two adults, seeing the conversation they had going stop.

Earlier she noticed robin being... unusual. She was usually happy and cheerful, if not she still talked a lot. But earlier she was nothing like herself.

This would be the time to check on her.

Mal approached them, holding her finger in her hand, desperately trying to not scream curse words. "Hey, you guys got a ice pack or something? I smashed my finger."

"Yeah, uh hold on." Steve said, walking inside the trailer.

Mal took the chance to finally talk to Robin. "Hey... so, uh, how are you?" She started off easy, not wanting to get straight to the point.

"Okay. Why?"

"Uh, earlier you seemed really off. When you came out the store you looked pretty not okay." Mal stumbled a bit on her words, not exactly knowing what to say.

Steve can out the trailer with an ice pack, and held it out to the girl who gladly took it.

"It's just," Robin started again, not looking up from the work she was doing with the bottles. "You know Vickie?"

"Yeah."

Robin looked up from what she was doing and sighed. Mal saw the look on Steve's face, and had a feeling she knew where this was going.

"Well... she definitely doesn't like me back and-"

"What why?" Mal found herself blurting out. I mean, who wouldn't like Robin? She's amazing.

"Well... she has a boyfriend. I saw them at War Zone, they were all kissy and stuff." Robin said in a tone that made Mal want to cry.

Seeing Robin like this wasn't okay. Robin deserves a girl who would be there forever, and seeing her giving up her hopes wasn't okay for Mal.

"Hey, it's okay. I know by saying that, I'm not doing doing anything but, maybe there still a chance she likes you. I mean, maybe her and her so called boyfriend aren't a forever thing? And maybe if you become friends with her, talk to her and get to know her, maybe she could like you."

"And plus, if she doesn't, she definitely missing out. I mean, Robin, you're amazing. I have no words to describe how absolute perfect you are. If she doesn't like you, then I'm giving up on everything. Because you're amazing. And if there's a chance there's not something romantic, there still is the perfect girl for you. Like they say, there's always someone for everyone."

Mal could see the small tears that brimmed robins eyes. She had a smile on her face, and looked like she was about to burst into tears.

"God, how do you know all this? And how are you so amazing?" She asked, pulling Mal into a deep hug.