13. Goodmorning, people.

Mal woke up to Dustin being yelled at to wake up. She opened her eyes slowly, looking over to the boy who was being hit in the shoulders to wake up.

"Aren't you supposed to be on max watch?" Nancy asked the boy, pointing over to the empty couch.

"Yep. Yep, yep, yep." Dustin tiredly said, rubbing his eyes.

Mal looked up to the couch she was supposed to being sleeping on with max, but there was no max. She didn't know why she was in the floor, she probably fell on it.

Her eyes then widened when she realized the couch was empty, and jumped up, going to run to the kitchen, but tried over Steve leg that hung off the chair he slept in.

"Shit!" She yelled, rubbing her shin. The forced herself up, running to the kitchen with Nancy and Dustin.

She got to the kitchen, looking around before spotting max at the table with holly. Max was coloring, as well as holly.

"Morning, guys." Their mom said happily.

"Morning, mom." Mal yawned.

"Everything okay?" She asked the three people who stood there, staring at max.

"Yeah." Nancy and Mal said at the same time. "Yeah, everything okay." Nancy nodded her head.

Max turned her head towards the three people sending a small smile to Mal. Mal returned one, before joining her at the table.

"I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this." Their mom said, holding a bowl and a mixing thing.

"Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Ted, their father said. Mal wanted nothing more than to punch him.

She instead rolled her eyes, before looking down at Max's drawing. Nancy soon joined them, while Dustin stood for a moment.

"You know you're welcomed here anytime." Their mom said nicely to Dustin.

"Totally. You're like family." Dustin sweetly said back. I mean, their parents have know the party since kindergarten and like fourth grade.

Mal watched in amusement as Dustin asked her mom hid he could get pancakes. "May I?" He asked, pointing to them.

"Absolutely." Her mom replied, giving him a plate and a spatula to get the pancakes.

"Yeah, take us for all we're worth." Ted said to the boy, sipping his coffee.

Mal rolled her eyes once again.

"Okay." Dustin sarcastically smiled at him, making Mal stifle a laugh, causing max to smile.

Dustin grabbed many pancakes, as Mal looked back at max. Max was drawing something. It looked like the upside down.

Mal listened quietly to the music leaking out max's headphones. Running up that hill was playing.

Max smiled at Mal, looking at her forehead. She hid a laugh, causing Mal to raise her eyebrow.

"What?" Mal asked, lightly hitting max's arm.

"Your bangs are a mess." Max laughed, making Mal cover her bangs, but soon taking her hands down. She didn't care how she looked around max, just as long as she was there with her.

Nancy came over to sit with them, and max took off her headphones. "Hey." Max said, putting the headphones around her neck.

"Hey." Nancy smiled warmly at the girl. "You okay?" She asked. Mal loved her sister being nice to her girlfriend.