19. Communicating through lights.

"Mal? Are you okay, you've been in there for a while?"

Mal popped her head up from her knees, hearing the sound of Dustin's voice on the other side of the bathroom door.

Her headache has gotten a little less intense, and her nose had stopped bleeding.

"Yeah." She croaked out. "I'm-I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Dustin asked through the door. Mal could hear he was worried.

"Yea, I'm sure. You can come in if you want, I'm not using the bathroom."

Dustin opened the door, as saw Mal sitting on the toilet with her knees up to her chest.

"Hey, are you okay?" Dustin asked, shutting the door behind him. He grabbed a towel and ran water on it.

"Yeah, I just, um, had a headache." She told the boy, hoping to not worry him. But that only made him worry even more.

"And a nosebleed?" He asked, bringing the wet towel over to her. "Mal... you had a nosebleed and a headache."

He started cleaning the blood off from under her nose, as Mal tried to make it seem like nothing.

"Yeah, but I'm fine. Just... don't tell the others." She sounded more like she was asking them telling. She didn't want them worried.

"But-"

"Please, Dustin. I'm okay, it's nothing." Mal said, even though she knew it had something to do with vecna.

Dustin made a worried face at the girl, before putting the towel in the sink. "Okay."

"Thank you. For not telling them, and for cleaning the blood." She gave a soft smile to her best friend.

He smiled back at her, before holding out his hand. "We've thought more into it, and we need you to hear. So, shall you follow me into the kitchen to talk?"

Mal laughed at him before grabbing his hand and walking to the kitchen with him.

"Okay, Mal's here now. So, what we were saying, that brings us to a quest you first raised. How and why is there a gate at lovers lake? Let's analyze." Dustin said, as Mal took a seat by Erica at the table.

"What do eleven and vecna have in common?" Dustin went in a ramble about the two, as Mal had her focus somewhere else.

The lights. The lights kept on getting brighter, then more dim. The lights had been doing that, the whole time Dustin was talking.

Dustin then sat In front of Mal and Erica. "Are you guys even listening to me?"

"Yeah, we're listening. It's just..." Erica trailed off, as her and Mal got up and went to the lights.

"Vecna always has something to do with the lights, right?" Mal asked, as her and Erica stood in front the lights.

"Yeah, why?" Dustin asked the two girls.

"I think he's here." They both said at the same time.

Once Dustin and Lucas finally realized what they were saying, they got up and looked at the lights too.

The lights were doing a pattern... Morse code. Mal and Dustin moved up closer, looking at it.

"S."

"O."

"S."

Mal and Dustin looked at each other in a knowing way.

"Hey, uh, remember when I said they wouldn't be stupid enough to go through watergate?" Dustin asked the group.