The mind flayer. ᴘᴀʀᴛ sɪx

Mal walked back to where max and el were last. She tried to hide her nervousness and tried to look normal. She still had mixed feelings on if the mind flayer was back or not.

She walked to heathers house, and the door was already open. She walked inside and saw max and el looking at pictures.

Max turned around and saw the nervous look on Mal's face.

"You okay?" She asked.

Mal nodded. "So, this is heathers house?" She asked shakily.

Max nodded at her, and as they went down the hall, laughing was heard.

They all looked at each other before walking into the kitchen. When they walked into the kitchen, Billy and two older people were at the table.

Mal guessed the people were heathers parents. All three people turned to the girls.

"Max." Billy said.

"We didn't mean to... barge in." Max stumbled over her words.

"We- we tried to knock, but maybe you didn't hear us over the storm." Mal finished for her.

"I'm sorry, who is dripping all over my living room right now?" Asked the man.

Billy chucked, looking down. "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this... is my sister maxine. And then her... little friend." He said.

"Oh!" The woman who Mal guessed was Janet said.

"What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Billy said, fake smiling.

He was acting weird, very weird.

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay." Max said calmly.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?" Billy asked.

"Where is she?" El asked immediately.

Billy turned his gaze to her, slowly. They met eyes for a minute. "I'm sorry. Where is who?" He asked sternly.

Just as he asked that, heather walked in holding a tray of cookies. "We'll, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry-"

All three girls look at her with shock. Is she okay?

"Heather! This is my sister maxine. Her little friend. And I'm sorry... I didn't quite catch your name." Billy said.

El turned to him slowly. "El."

"El." He said. "Now, what is it you were saying, el?" Billy asked her. "You we're looking for somebody?" He commented.

Mal couldn't help but to be confused. She decided to speak up. "I- I thought- I thought you were-" she stated, but max cut her off.

"Your manager. At the pool. He said you guys didn't come in to work today, so we got worried." She said.

"Heather wasn't feeling so hot today, so we thought we'd take the day off and nurse her back to health." Billy said.

He slowly turned to Heather, "but you're feeling just fine right now, aren't you, Heather?" He asked her.

"I'm feeling so much better." She forced a smile onto her face.

Mal felt that for some reason, Heather wasn't okay, and that she definitely wasn't normal in the situation. Everything was already messed up because of the mind flayer maybe being back. Now heather and Billy.
Something wasn't right.

"Do you girls want a cookie?" Heather asked them.

Is Mal was being honest, she could really use one right now. "Actually, yeah. They smell good." She said, walking over there but max grabbed her wrist.