Robot assistant pt3 N.R

Second POV
Needless to say, both of you thought about each other throughout each day. Your friends even tried to bring you out of your house but you weren't moving out of your bed. "Just let me sleep. I haven't been sleeping." You pushed their arms away and pulled the cover over your head.

They could only sigh in expiration as they exhausted all methods. "You're going to have to come out someday Y/N. You need to eat and your house has nothing." You just grumbled and faced away.

With Natasha, after receiving the new robot, she felt the atmosphere was a lot different. It was a lot colder and straight forward. The texture also felt different, it doesn't have any warmth and it felt matt. It no longer does things without being told. There were times when Natasha turned around thinking the robot would be next to her but it was still standing at the spot where Natasha left her.

It just felt different. She no longer feels the butterflies in her stomach when she is with the robot, instead, it's filled with annoyance at having to command her every move. Sure it has all the latest information in her, just question her and the answer would be given immediately. But like Wanda said, these things can be found only. What Natasha needs right now is someone to be with her, a human, not a robot, to chat and do silly things. A life full of paved roads can be slightly boring.

You were sitting by the beach, enjoying the sea breeze as you thought about the last two weeks, not expecting assisting someone as cold as Miss Romanoff would impact your life so significantly that you function properly.

Cursing yourself for bringing your feelings into work, you stood up and had a walk. Without realising where you're headed, you found yourself at the plot of land where Miss Romanoff and the others were surveying. You walked towards the edge of it and looked towards the sea.

A series of events have brought the two of you together was but staying together a part of it?

Rain started falling and you used your hands in an attempt to cover your head. "Are you kidding me?" You started running in the direction of your house but someone placed an umbrella over your head. "T-thanks." You turned your head to meet the mysterious person. "Miss Romanoff?" You looked around and saw your replica right behind her.

"I-I have to go." You tried to run away but Natasha held your elbow and pulled you back.

"It's raining, where are you going?" You opened your mouth but you didn't reply. "Was it you? You're the one with me for the past two weeks... Right?" You could almost hear the desperation in her voice.

You were conflicted. Are you supposed to expose the secret or remain silent?

"I miss you. I know we didn't get to do much with me thinking you're a robot but I enjoyed your presence, more than the one standing behind me." Both of you were still sharing an umbrella.

Still, you remained silent so Natasha thought this was all one-sided. "I'm sorry." She let go of your arm, contemplating if she should bring you home. You may not like her but she wasn't going to let you go home alone in the rain.

Realising what she had said, you immediately reacted. "No no, I feel the same."

A smile appeared on her face hearing what you have said. "Let's get out of here yeah?" You nodded your head and she instructed the robot to bring the car over. You had been in her car before but you were never in the back row.

"So... why were you acting as a robot?" Natasha asked after the both of you entered her house. She guided you to her bedroom to give you a change of clothes from your wet ones.

"My ex-boyfriend is the one who made the robot. He started it when we were still together and it was not ready in time for the delivery so he had me help him." Natasha's face dropped at the mention that you had an ex-boyfriend. What if you weren't into girls? And you only missed her as a friend?

"I can't believe you requested for the face to remain the same though."

"I wanted everything to remain the same but it wasn't, it just felt different. I picked up a lot of new habits with you, like the music for example."

"That was because I was about to fall asleep."

"I can't blame you for that, it was long working hours... wait, you didn't eat when you were working for me." Natasha realised how she treated you when she was still in the dark.

"Well, I sneak in some when I make breakfast for you and I... I steal your food in the middle of the night." You were embarrassed about your actions.

"Well, I can't blame you for that. I didn't even ask if you were going to eat." Thank goodness Natasha wasn't going to be mad about the missing foods. Not like she would ever notice since she hardly uses the kitchen herself. "Your food is honestly better than the new robot."

"Thank you Miss Romanoff." You had learnt how to cook from your mum since it saves quite a lot compared to eating outside.

"Call me Nat."

"Thank you Nat."

"Uhh, do you want to stay over and I'll drive you back tomorrow?" Natasha offered. She was nervous being around you in front of her crush.

"Sure." You, on the other hand, looked a lot more relaxed but you were also freaking out inside.

Natasha told the robot to shut down so the both of you could have some alone time without thinking that someone else was still in the house.

"I'm glad I saw you by the sea today. Giving me a chance to meet you properly." Natasha said as the both of you watched a movie in the living room.

"Same. My legs just brought me there because I missed you. I guess it was fate."

Written on 29 Jan 2022
Posted on 30 Jul 2022

I kinda want to make this into a mini book but I'm already writing a book and another one on the way so I'll just keep it on my list for the future. I don't want to start writing too many books in one go.