No one but you pt3 N.R

Natasha POV
I don't understand why did Y/N ran out. Everything went downhill after the last rollercoaster ride. She's not one to walk out or do something outside her schedule. Granted I have already dragged her out but I knew she had nothing urgent. Y/N loves to work.

From my computer, I was able to see the overall progress of her employees, and I can tell that most of them were about done. By the end of the day, the office was almost empty, and I decided it was almost time for me to head home.

My phone pinged just as I packed the last thing in my bag. Taking a look, I realised it was from Clint. He's in the area and wondered if I was free for a drink. He's usually in another state working with his wife so I agreed to meet him at a nearby bar.

"How's life?" Clint asked as he raised his glass. I shook my head as I took a sip of my vodka. After telling him what happened today, both of us needed a refill for our drinks. "I think you like her." Clint finally said after hearing my story.

I nodded my head. "I mean, she's not a bad boss. She does everything within reason."

Clint turned his head sharply to look at me. "No! I mean as... maybe your future girlfriend."

I shook my head. "There's no way."

"I mean come on... you told me yourself that you brought her to the theme park. You! Someone who I had to bribe in order to get you to bring your godchildren to have fun. And you brought her there willingly. That has to mean something." Clint nudged my arm slightly to prove his point.

"I just wanted her to relax, I knew she wasn't going to go home."

"That's exactly what you're doing. Taking care of her without her knowing."

---

Your POV
When I entered the office the next day, Natasha was staring at her computer. She didn't notice I was standing in front of her. I assumed she was reading something but as I peaked over, her screen was blank. "Natasha." I waved my hands in front of her face. "Natasha!" I spoke louder.

She finally recognized I was there and looked up at me. "Right, here's your coffee. Sorry, I was thinking about something." I looked at her to make sure she was alright.

"Okay then." I took my coffee and entered my office without saying anything else. Linda's words still lingered in my head as I tried to move the papers around on my desk.

Focus Y/N! You need to work!

Once I started replying to some emails and going through some of the reports the employees have done, I was in the groove and there was nothing that could distract me.

"Y/N." Natasha came in and I hummed, not wanting to stop working just yet. "Jeff wants to speak to you. He has been calling your phone but you didn't pick up." I nodded and I wasn't sure what I was doing until I heard the voice from Natasha's phone.

"Hey! Your goddaughter has arrived. Why aren't you picking up your phone?" I jumped out of my chair and looked at Natasha.

"Get the car ready. We are heading to the hospital."

My eyes scanned the signs hanging around the hospital, looking for the section and ward number that Jeff told me. Natasha was following me behind until she found their room faster than me. She dragged me towards the right direction until I finally saw Jeff through the glass window with his wife and newborn daughter. They were looking so happy and admiring their creation. It looked like this is everything Jeff wanted. As much as I didn't like letting him go, I knew it was the right choice.

"Y/N! You're finally here." Christine greeted. I whispered my greetings to them so as to not wake up the sleeping beauty in Jeff's arm. "I didn't think you'd bring your girlfriend here."