Sleeping side N.R

Originally, you are sleeping on the right side, Natasha sleeps on the left.

Natasha POV
Y/N moved into my room a few weeks ago and everything is going well except that she has been facing away from me when we sleep together. If anyone came into our room while we were sleeping, it would seem as if we had a fight with our backs facing each other. Was I rushing her into this and she didn't actually want to move in and didn't dare to say anything?

I was drowning in my thoughts as Y/N was showering from her training. She took the night shift instead of the morning shift because she can never wake up in the morning. It's not like there is much to do in the day if there isn't a mission or report to fill up.

My head perked up when I heard the bathroom door open. Y/N has a towel around her neck with her freshly cut hair she got today. Her beautifully toned body glistened as light reflected the droplets which remained behind.

"Staring, Romanoff?" Y/N looked at me through the mirror as she dried her hair.

"You should be honored, it's not everytime I stare at someone with good intentions."

"I am honored." She did a dramatic bow before putting away her towel and getting in bed with me.

"You tired?" I said after seeing her yawn.

"No... How did your day go?" She placed her head on my chest and snuggled close to me so I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and hugged her.

"Nothing much, just a few meetings I needed to attend and trained some new recruits with Maria."

"That's nice, you don't need to hear Tony's rambling or Steve's lectures."

We talked for a while before deciding to sleep. "Goodnight, Nat."

"Goodnight."

And there it was, she got off me and turned away to sleep. I didn't dare to touch her incase she wanted her space when she sleeps, or maybe she don't like people holding her while she sleeps.

"Y/N..." I tapped her shoulder and she turned to face me.

"Yeah?" She looked at me with her sleepy eyes and I felt bad for disturbing her sleep.

"Um... this is really stupid but I don't know how to say this but-"

"You can tell me anything." She looked at me with such caring eyes and just took away my breath.

"It's just, why do you always face away from me when you sleep?"

"Now I feel bad, I didn't think this would make you feel this way. I just like sleeping on my right. Maybe if you don't mind, we can switch sides? If you're comfortable that is, then I face you while we sleep."

I liked how she solved the problem that I have been having for weeks in an instant. "Yeah, I don't mind."

"Okay, great." She got up to move but I just pulled her over me and dragged her to my side.

"I also want to ask, you don't mind me hugging you to sleep right? It's just you were always facing away from me so I wasn't sure."

"Of course, I would love to. You didn't say anything as well so I thought you didn't like it." Y/N said as she shifted herself to be comfortable. Not using the pillow but my shoulders instead.

My assassin's heart fluttered by her action, that she was comfortable enough to be in my arms. I stroked her head and pushed her hair back to admire her beautiful face.

"I'm honored." Y/N said with her eyes closed.

"I'm honored too."

Written on 8 Dec 2021
Posted on 12 Jun 2022