Looking back S.J

You all seem to love that we rejected Natasha in the previous one shot. 

You weren't necessarily an orphan. But due to circumstances, your relationship with your parents was not the best it could be.

Your longest relationship was with Scarlett but it ended peacefully after the both of you decided to focus on each other's career instead. Your emergency contact still remained as Scarlett as you had no one else to put under. Scarlett said she didn't mind it as you ladies remained as close friends.

Years passed and neither of you had been in a relationship with another partner because somewhere in both of your hearts, there were still feelings for one another. It wouldn't be fair to their new partner if you were still thinking of each other.

When Scarlett got the notice that you were in a car accident and landed in the hospital, she immediately rushed to the hospital. You were in such a bad condition that she needed to sign an indemnity form in case anything goes wrong during the surgery, the hospital would not be liable for it.
(not that they wouldn't try their best)

Fortunately, you managed to survive the operations but your brain activity is not doing so well according to the MRI scans.

Each month, the doctors check on you but the MRI scans kept showing that you were getting worse and worse with no signs of getting better. The doctors could do nothing but see if your body would recover by itself over time.

It was suggested that you recuperate in your house and the hospital would provide the weekly IV and medical supplies. Scarlett took you back to your house with the help from the hospital setting everything up in your bedroom. Thank goodness your room was spacious enough to put all the machines.

Scarlett was still filming her movie so she would go to shoot in the day and go back to your house at night. She didn't want anything happening to you at night so she chose not to stay in her trailer. She would read to you her lines for the movie to prepare for the next day, hoping to improve your brain activity.

After finishing shooting the movie, Scarlett had practically moved into your house. You had a guest bedroom so she occupied that room while using your clothes.

Opening your wardrobe, she was surprised to see that you had changed your style. When you two were dating she always had to persuade you to buy new clothes to follow the trend. Not that you didn't like that, but you thought it would have been better if she bought it for herself instead.

The two of you were browsing a store, looking through the clothes. Scarlett was further in the store while you were still looking at those that were nearer towards the exit.

"Hey! Y/N, what do you think about this?" Scarlett placed it against your body and gave it a look.

"I guess it's not bad..." You took the clothes from her and looked at it through the mirror. "You want it?"

"It's for you! You should really buy new clothes. You always wear the same every year." Scarlett hugged you from behind and rested her chin on your shoulder.

"Why not? The trend largely stays the same, it's just the colour that changes every year." You debated.

In the end, the trip ended with you buying clothes for Scarlett instead for yourself. You rushed out of the store holding bags of clothes as Scarlett chased you from behind. "Hey! We were supposed to be shopping for you!"

You giggled as Scarlett got in the car huffing. "Come on, babe." You kissed her cheeks and she only turned her head further. "I'll buy them when we make more money, okay? For now, we'll just share them?"

"Fine."

Scarlett chuckled at the memory. Now both of you were successful in your careers and were able to afford anything you want. You finally brought yourself clothes that you held back because of monetary concern. But the embarrassing fact that Scarlett didn't know because you didn't tell anyone was that those clothes were on rent. Especially those blazers and jackets.

She changed into random clothes before making her dinner. She just made a simple pasta and sat next to your bed while scrolling through her emails. She may not be filming in the current moment, but that doesn't mean people were not reaching out for her.

Nobody knew she was taking care of you since she was a very private person. She rejected all the interviews and requests for her appearance to take care of you.

"Hey, remember the times when you would come to my house after we broke up just because you wanted to eat?" Scarlett said after she finished clearing her emails.

"It wasn't as if you didn't know how to cook and you would always end up staying the night on the couch."

---

Months passed and there still wasn't much improvement. Doctors came and go after checking on you and they were thinking of bringing you back to the hospital for a scan to confirm your situation, if you were close to waking up.

Scarlett booked a private room so she could still have privacy when you were admitted. Once the hospital confirmed the room, an ambulance was sent to your house to pick you up.

While sitting next to you at the hospital, she remembered how much you would always move in your sleep, but now you're as still as a rock. She held your hand and rubbed your knuckles with her thumb. "You have no idea how much I still love you."

Your scans came back and the doctor explained to Scarlett that the brain activity was almost back to normal and you should wake up sooner than expected.

With the positive news from the doctor she went back to your room in a better mood. "Y/N, the doctor says you're doing a lot better. You always like to take things slow, so don't you think it's about time you speed up the rest?"

Scarlett looked at you hoping for some answers but you didn't move a muscle. "It's alright, I can wait. I'll wait an eternity for you, if that's what it takes." She brushed the hair behind your ears before planting a kiss on your forehead.

Written on 21 Jan 2022
Posted on 17 Jul 2022

Inspired by Ghost Doctor (Korean drama)