No One but You N.R

Your POV
Working for a multinational company is no easy feat, it's even harder when you're the CEO of it. The entire's company image rest on my shoulder and it's up to me to not fuck up. Import and exports can be tricky especially when dealing with different countries, and when faced with suppliers who like to think they are better than you, they tend to cut corners hoping you would get caught by the authorities. Many don't get to learn their lesson as I made sure their company crumbled before they knew why.

"Jeff, you can't leave so suddenly." I complained to my secretary who has worked with me for over a decade. His work is immaculate and I could never find fault with him. He knew all my quirks and sensitivity. He was the only one who would accommodate my allergies.

"I'm not leaving in an instant, I'm giving you two weeks' notice. I found someone good to replace me in my position."

"No one is going to be as good as you. You're the best in your trade."

"You compliment me too much, Miss. I'm sure there are others out there who would be able to do just as good as me or even better." I grumbled not wanting to accept his resignation. But I knew it would be selfish of me not to do so. His wife is due in a month, and he wanted to spend more time with his family. I have to admit more than I want to that I often took his time away from his family and he never complained. "I'll still be here training the new secretary to ensure a smooth transition."

I sighed seeing no way out of this and nodded my head before going back to read the documents on my table.

Time flew by without me knowing and it was already dark when I looked out the window. I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes. Scolding myself for not letting Jeffery head home before me.

"Jeff!" I shouted. Not too long, he opened the door and looked at me expectantly. "You can head home first. There's nothing left for you to do here."

"Alright, just a reminder that the new secretary will be coming in tomorrow morning for her first day of work." I nodded my head and Jeff closed the door behind him.

Natasha POV
The previous company I worked for was not a match for me. Despite the stunning employee benefit it provides, the workplace was too toxic even for me. There were all sorts of backstabbing and sabotage that was going on. Hopefully, this new company I'm working for will be better. He did tell me that the CEO has a few quirks, a peculiar allergy and a tendency to work overtime, but other than that, she treats her employees well. 

I've heard about her before. People say she can be two faces of the same coin, she can be as ruthless as she likes or be as kind as an angel to those that treat her well. It's a great opportunity to be able to work for her, so I hope all's good tomorrow.

I arrived slightly earlier than the arranged time to see that Jeffery was already at his seat waiting for me. I met him when I had an interview with him, and he was a really nice guy. I could tell he was really professional in his work and didn't seem like he was quitting because he hated his job.

"Nice of you to be here early Miss Romanoff. Sadly, Y/L/N isn't ready from her previous engagement and we have to wait a while before meeting her. Let me head in to inform her of your arrival." I nodded and took a look around at my future workplace. There's a pantry nearby stocked with plenty of drinks and snacks but most importantly, gossip. What a strategical place to put it near the CEO's office. "I would like to say the pantry was a huge motivation for me to continue working, it truly is the best." Jeffery gave me a shock when he stood behind me. "As long as it is not labelled by anyone, you're free to take anything from it. Furthermore, it's your duty to restock it in the future so you have the chance to get something you like." He winked at me at the end.