Great Relation S.J

Second POV
There were a few small reservations when you and Scarlett were discussing having a second child. Both of you agreed on two because one would feel lonely, and with both of you coming from a big family, both of you wanted them to have the same experience.

"Are you sure Alex is going to be happy?" You asked your wife, Scarlett, as she wheeled you to the car as you were holding your newborn in your arms. "I know he said he's excited for a sibling, but I'm not entirely sure if he understood what it entails." Being a mother, you were constantly fussing about your kids.

"Stop worrying, sweetheart. There will be days when things don't happen as we wish, but I'm sure Alex would protect and love her like the big brother he is." Scarlett assured you. Scarlett's mum brought Alex to see Addison on the day she was born and there hasn't been any fuss yet. He held his younger sister and watched as she slept before going home with grandma.

Scarlett started the journey home and your head was constantly turned to the back to watch your newborn in her car seat. She was so adorable and peacefully sleeping in the outfit Scarlett had chosen. Her little movement made your heart swell, reminding you of the time you had Alex, your first child.

A hand on your thigh brought you back. "You're going to strain your neck if you keep turning behind, dear. You can look at her all you want when we have reached home." You pouted but faced forward nonetheless, following your wife's instruction.
(I just realised as I was proof reading this that you'd probably be sitting at the back holding your newborn. But I'm too lazy to edit so let's roll with it.)

Once you've reached the driveway, Scarlett immediately grabs Addison and opens the door for you to enter, wanting you to do as little as possible. Once you've settled down on the couch, she passes you, Addison, before going to park the car properly. "Mama, is that little sis?" Your four year old asked.

"Yeah, would you like to hold her again?" Melanie helped Alex to sit next to you before he could even reply. He nodded enthusiastically, and Melanie helped position his arms before you placed Addison in his embrace. She cooed before opening her eyes and looking at her brother, only making all of you smile. "She loves you already." You whispered, not wanting to break the atmosphere.

"I'm going to be her brother."

---

Since then, Alex has spent much time watching her younger sister. He spent every waking moment with her. When he is playing, he brings his toys to wherever she is and plays next to her. When she was feeding, he would lie next to me and wait for her to be done.

As months passed, Addison got more time on her playmat, and Alex was more than happy to have her closer to him.

"Mummy! Where's Addi?" Alex ran into the kitchen asking Scarlett. You were cooking lunch for the family and had your hands full as Scarlett picked up her eldest.

"She's in the living room, baby." As soon as she said that, he wiggled his legs wanting to be put down. Scarlett sighed and placed him down, knowing he would rush to his sister. But she was shocked to see what he was doing.

"Alex! What are you doing?" Alex was pulling her sister by the head from where she was comfortably placed.

"I just want to move her to a better spot."
(you're the best if you know where I reference this from)

"Yes yes, but you shouldn't move her by pulling her head." Scarlett gently educated her son.

"Everything alright here?" You came in holding two plates and a plastic bowl for Alex.

"Yes, Alex here just gave me a fright by repositioning Addi by pulling her head."

"I'm sure Alex knows not to do it again, right?" He nodded, pouting before moving towards Scarlett, clinging his body to her.

"I have no idea how we raised such an affectionate kid." Scarlett whispered next to your ears as moved closer to you.

"Better one that loves rather than hates each other."

Written on 28 Feb 2023
Posted on 14 Aug 2023

First day of school for my second year of uni! Let's hope this goes well and my grades improve.