Posture N.R

Your POV
It's been years since I saw light. I looked up slowly and saw a figure walking into my cell. No one ever walked into my cell quietly. They would always scream at me from the door. I waited for her move. I was already backed to a corner, so there was no point in me moving.

"You're free to go now." She spoke softly.

"I prefer it here. There's nowhere else for me to go." At least there was a shelter above my head. I could just spend my last days here without anybody, any judgement and starve to death.

"Why don't you come with me then?" She proposed her idea to me. I thought about it for a moment before standing up.

"My name is Natasha, you can call me Nat. What's yours?" She said, seeing I have no intention of running away.

"Y/N"

---

The next couple of days were alright. I still didn't interact much with others, mainly observing them from afar and the only time I talked was answering their questions.

The bed was nice, I was still getting used to the sinking feeling but at least it wasn't as cold as the floor.

Natasha POV
It was close to night time and I was going to check on Y/N to see how she was coping with staying here so far, there hasn't been any problem which was slightly concerning.

I opened her door quietly to see her sitting on her bed. Is she sleeping or is she still awake? Her eyes were closed as her legs were tucked under the covers, with one of her legs up to her chest. I waved my hands in front of her face before quietly speaking. "Y/N?"

She slowly opened her eyes. "Yes Nat?"

"Why aren't you lying in bed, but sitting up asleep?" I sat at the edge of her bed as she shifted some space for me.

"I'm more used to sleeping sitting up."

"This can't be good for your back and neck." She didn't reply so I adjusted the pillows for her so it has more support for her back. "You can lean back slightly. We'll go lower gradually and slowly make our way there."

Y/N didn't protest and leaned back slowly. I could see she was slightly tense before settling down. "Let's watch a movie until you feel like sleeping okay?" She nodded hesitantly and I took the remote and flicked through the channel before settling on an uplifting one.

I saw her eyes drooping but didn't say anything. Minutes later, I felt her head on my shoulder and waited a while before sliding down with her. I watched as she breathed steadily. "I hope you have a good night's rest." I whispered before planting a kiss on her forehead.

Written on 17 Dec 2021
Posted on 26 Jun 2022