'Youngest Girlfriend' N.R

You laughed as you watched Natalie complaining that Natasha was carrying someone other than her. Natalie, your 4-year-old, saw a picture on Nat's phone; and, upon closer inspection, realised it was Lila instead of her. In the picture, Lila was the same age as Natalie now.

"She didn't carry me! It's another person!" Natalie turned Nat's phone to show you the evidence. You couldn't contain your laughter. She sounded like a jealous ex who wouldn't get over their partner and ended up with another person.

She stomped her feet with a huff and tried hitting the chairs and Nat with her little fist. You were more worried that she would hurt her hands than the things around. She stomped her feet before walking to the other end of the room. This would be a good time also to say that you were currently on vacation and staying in a hotel. There wasn't much place for Natalie to go other than the other chair, where she sat with her arms crossed.

She carried Nat's scowls before saying. "You carry another people!" She spoke with her back facing us. You didn't have to see her face to know she was frowning.

"You were not born." Natasha tried to explain. "Natalie..." It was very funny for you. After all, Natasha had a history of flirting with men and women to get what she wanted, and this 'youngest girlfriend' was giving her the most trouble.

Natasha went over to sit with Natalie, but she only avoided her. "Mummy and Mama, we also haven't got married." She punched the air when she didn't get the answer she wanted and hid under the covers of the bed. "You were not born." Natasha repeated as she tried to get the covers away to see her little princess's face. "Natalie..., listen to me."

All this while, you were holding your phone, recording this moment for your future self to watch. You were sure Natasha and Natalie were going to have a fun time watching this. "You wanted a daughter." You reminded Natasha. She didn't appreciate it and gave you a pointed look before getting back to the task at hand.

Not long later, Natalie had a full-on breakdown and cried like someone had taken away her plushie or refused to buy her a toy. Natasha had to carry her and patted her back, trying to calm her down. "Why you carry other girls?" Natalie said as she sobbed.

She cried and cried late into the night, and Natasha tried all sorts of methods to calm her down. She even tried giving her treats and sweets to bring her attention away, but Natalie was not having it. Walking up and down in the small room with her girl didn't work, and she was running out of things she could do.

That's when you presented her with an idea. "Take off your clothes."

"What?" she gave you an incredulous look.

"Skin to skin." You clarified. She might be older, and it has been long since Natalie did this, but it was something that could work. With quick work and your help, Natasha took her top off without letting go of Natalie.

"You only love me right?" Natalie mumbled as she was on the edge of sleeping.

"I only love you, Natalie." Natasha whispered next to her ears without missing a beat. "I'll carry you forever." Her hand continued the steady rhythm, patting her back as she was tired from all the day and crying.

After Natasha carefully placed Natalie in the middle of the bed, she looked up to see you pointing at yourself, pouting. You were just as cute as Natalie when she was sad earlier. She would always have a soft spot for you. Afterall, it was her love for you that brought about Natalie. "I love you too." She easily opened her arms for you to be embraced.

Written on 27 June 2023
Posted on 7 Nov 2023