Ghost dates N.R

Your POV
It's been months since Natasha and I broke up. We were arguing and it got too far as we were shouting at one another and in the heat of the moment, we decided to break up. And even though it was tough both for us we were too stubborn to admit that we still love each other.

My sister thought it was about time I got back into the dating scene and set me up with a blind date. I was a little hesitant in doing so as I was meeting a regular citizen and I don't think they'll be patient enough to stay when I'm on a long mission. The whole reason why Natasha and I started arguing - I was tired from a long mission and didn't pay any attention to her as I just wanted to sleep.

"Looking good Y/N." My sister said as I left the room all dressed and ready to go. It's been a while since I dolled up as I'm always in my sweats and baggy shirt.

"Thanks Maria." She gave me the location and I got in my car driving towards it.

Maria POV
After seeing Y/N off, I noticed Natasha was nowhere to be seen. She was still here in the living room when Y/N came down. Maybe she went up to her room.

I shrugged and sat on the couch joining the rest at what they're watching. Finally Y/N was able to have sometime to herself and heal after the breakup with Natasha. It's never nice having your sister come running to you after a heartbreak. I didn't allow her to go for any mission because I knew she was going to be reckless and careless about her actions.

A few hours later, Y/N came back but she looked down. The rest of us looked between one another not being able to figure out what could have happened. I thought the date would be good for her but maybe it did the opposite?

"Y/N, how was it?" I asked, seeing as no one else dared.

"I... I don't know." Y/N said as she came and sat next to me when Clint made space for her. "I mean, it was going well at first until she came back from the washroom and couldn't wait to leave."

"It's fine Y/N, maybe she wasn't meant for you as well." Wanda said.

Y/N took a huge sigh and stood up. "I guess so. I'm going to change out of this annoying dress and go to sleep. Goodnight guys." She greeted before leaving.

This was just the first try. Every month I try to set someone up with Y/N and it takes a lot of encouragement and bribing for it to work. As if possessed by the devil, each of the dates ended up the same way. It was as if they had seen a ghost and took their bags and left the venue.

"Maria... I don't want to go on a blind date anymore..." She whined when I presented her with the idea again. "The girls just keep running away as if I am some kind of a disease, why do you have to do this to me?"

"Y/N please... just one last time. One last time and if it doesn't work, I will stop, I promise." I pleaded.

Y/N raised her index finger at me. "One last time. I'm sick and tired of this. Wasting my time." She muttered at the end as she turned to face her closet to find something appropriate to wear.

Natasha POV
I have been following Y/N on her dates that Maria has so kindly set up for her. My blood boils whenever I see the girl sitting in front of her that should have been me. Each time I threaten them in the washroom, I make sure they follow my orders or my blade is going to end up on their necks.

This time was no different. I hack into her phone as people these days have no sense of security and use the free internet the restaurant has to offer. After sending an anonymous text to her phone, I waited in the washroom until my target entered.

Once the target entered the washroom, I placed my hands around her mouth and dragged her to a stall. "You will listen as I say." I glared at her and she instantly nodded frantically. "Once you get out, I want you to leave whoever you were meeting and never see her again."

"Did I make myself clear?" I raised my voice slightly but enough so that people outside wouldn't know what's happening. She nodded, tears almost streaming down her face. "Good, I will be watching, don't do any funny moves." I released her and let her exit the stall first until I saw Y/N standing in front, surely hearing all the things that happened.

"Sorry about what happened. You can leave. I would make sure she doesn't do anything to you." Y/N told the girl and held open the door for her to exit. Y/N gave me a glance before exiting herself and getting her things to leave.

"Y/N!" I ran after her.

"How could you do this? Terrorising my dates so that they leave. You really make me feel as if I'm unwanted. Was that your goal?" She turned and shouted.

"Y/N baby."

"Don't call me baby. You lost that right when we broke up." She raised her arm to put some distance between us. "You did this for months and..." She scoffed, not knowing how to continue.

"Because I am still in love with you!"

"So do-, but you don't see me creepingly watching you from afar to the point where I chase people away who are surrounding you." She argued. "This is wrong."

"Tell me... tell me you don't love me anymore and I'll stop."

"Nat... you can't make me do this." She shook her head.

"Just say it."

"I... I still love you."

Written on 13 Aug 2022
Posted on 27 Oct 2022

This absolutely sucked, I have no idea how to end this, sorry.