Time alone S.J

idk what I'm writing

Your POV
I was in a very weird spot at work. My friends either left the office for stock take or went to client's office, leaving me alone at work and won't be back until later. Yes, I only eat when I have friends with me. There were other colleagues to eat lunch with, but I'm not that close with them. It would only be awkward.

Well, time to be accustomed to being alone again. I walked out to get lunch before bringing back to the office to eat since there weren't any seats outside. I am a quick eater so within 15 minutes, I'm done eating. I spend the remaining 45 minutes scrolling through my phone, dreading to start work again.

Scarlett

Hi babe!
You down for dinner tonight?
I can come and fetch you if you'd like

Hi dear.
Maybe not tonight.
But can I come over to cuddle at night?

Sure!
Everything alright?

Yes. I'll see you tonight.
Love you.

Love you too.

I need to get used to being alone, okay with being alone. It's not like Scarlett is going to be with me all the time. Like currently, alone is what I am.

Time's up and I threw away the packaging before getting in the groove of starting work again. I was still typing on my laptop until my friend came back from stock take.

"How was it?" I asked.

"The warehouse was huge!"

"I heard from another senior that some even get to do stock take for commodities such as gold." She said excitedly. It was already close to 4pm by the time she came back so a few extra hours and it was time to clock off work.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I waved to her before finding a place to have dinner.

>time skip, I'm lazy<

I knocked on Scarlett's door after taking a deep breath. I heard her footsteps before the door opened and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug.

"Hey..." I said as I rubbed her back. "This is a surprise. Did you miss me this much?"

"Well, I felt like you needed it, but I also missed you." I gave her a kiss on the lips before walking in with her with my hand on her waist.

"Let me shower first then we can cuddle?"

Scarlett POV
"Here's a change of clothes." I placed them on the counter before walking out.

She came out walking with my oversize shirt that nearly reaches her knees since she's shorter than me. She looks so cute but I'll never tell her that.

"Scarlett..." She whined as she got into bed with me.

"Y/N..." I mimicked her tone.

"I'm tired..." She mumbled into my shoulder as she got closer.

"You can go to sleep. I'll be right here. I don't have to go to set early tomorrow." I stroked her head and she hummed in response.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said before falling straight asleep. It never fails to amaze me how quickly she can sleep. She just took a shower but it didn't seem to have any effect on her. I continue to admire her sleeping features before falling asleep myself.

Around six in the morning, her alarm started to ring and she went to snooze it in her sleep before coming back to my embrace again.

"Don't you have to go to work?"

"Mhmm... not yet." She whined, digging her head into the pillow.

Her alarm rang again and she finally got out of bed. "Y/N..." I warned her, if she doesn't wake up soon, she's going to be late.

"Okay..." She got out of bed with her eyes closed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I got ready as well as when to wait for her.

"I'm going to wear your clothes." Y/N said as she already started rummaging my wardrobe.

"What are you doing?" She said as she saw me waiting by the door for her.

"I'm driving you to work." I said it as a matter of fact.

"You don't-"

"I already got up, do you want me to waste my effort?"

She couldn't formulate a reply. "That's what I thought. Now hurry up or you're going to be late." I tossed the keys in my hand before starting the car. Y/N went to put on her shoes before hopping onto my car.

"I love you so so so much."

Written on 18 Dec 2021
Posted on 27 Jun 2022

I need someone there in order to eat, they don't have to be eating but I just need someone, really.