Try and Kill Me pt1 N.R

Yahoo! I'm back! Starting with a mini-series.

Your POV
I always get into trouble, which led me here - teaching the delinquent class. The runt of the pack, the one no one wants to teach, the one that scores the lowest of the entire cohort. I was reported to the teaching council for scolding one of the students, and they demoted me down here. Usually, this wouldn't have resulted in such a drastic move, but because he was supposedly one of the deans' sons, I had to move down.

"You'll be fine..." Nat tried encouraging me as she dropped me off at the school I was teaching.

"But they are known for causing trouble." I sighed. She gave me a 'really' look before shoving me out of her car. I gathered the teaching material I would need before waving her goodbye.

"I'll pick you up when you're done." She said before driving off. I watched as she drove off until I wasn't able to see her car anymore. Being the teacher, I have to arrive at school earlier than the students so it was still relatively quiet.

Everyone could hear the noise as students started arriving. Students talking to their friends, excited that they were continuing in the same class and heading to find their class.

The discrimination is very apparent here, the lowest class classroom is all the way at the back in a separate building. The paint was peeling off, and the chairs and tables were in a terrible state. There isn't any air conditioning here. The grass and trees were not trimmed and overgrown, how does anyone think this is a conducive environment for studying?

Seeing as it was close to the start of the first period, I made my way to the dilapidated classroom. Once I entered the classroom, a pail of water dropped on my head, wetting my entire body. Waves of laughter were heard from the class as I made my way to the front, not bothering about my wet clothes. The class was a mess with students not in their seats.

Knowing I was going to be in deep, I went through their behavioural reports from their previous teachers so I was able to figure out what I was dealing with. But even so, without finish reading, I knew I was in for a hard time as all the teachers had quit after teaching them.

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N and I'm going to be your teacher for this year. There isn't going to be any other teacher teaching this class so if you have any problem, you can come and find me." I announced it to the class and I wrote my name on the whiteboard.

I felt something hitting me before feeling it repeatedly. I turned around to see BB pellets coming my way and I had to move out of the way until they ran out of ammunition. It didn't hurt but it was irritating. Once they were done, I was staring at the class with their unremorseful faces, snickering amongst their friends.

"You all think this is funny?" I raised my voice and slammed the table that stood in the middle of the class. "You think this is going to stop me from teaching you as all the others did?" Before I was able to finish what I wanted to say, a flying rubber band came flying and hit my forehead, leaving a red mark behind to mark its trace.

"What I think is funny is that you think you can teach us." Kerian, who was seated at the back of the class said.

"Whatever you think it is, today is going to be a simple day." I started giving out the papers to the class. "Finish this test and you're free to go." Naturally, he stood up and left the room even before the paper got to him. I didn't mention anything but there were a few who left the class as well. I noted who they were based on the sitting positions and told the rest they were free to start the test, and when they were done, they're free to leave.

As the class became quiet, I pulled a few strings for the plans that I had intended to do for this class. Conventional methods weren't going to cut it. As the papers got put on my desk, fewer students were left in the classroom. I could tell from the answers on the papers that they needed a lot of help. Their foundations were not there, only a handful were able to pass the test. How am I supposed to bring this class up to the level that the principal desired?