Posture pt3 N.R (Req)

Your POV
I'm starting to sleep more like a normal person would as Nat would say. My instincts no longer tell me to sit up and I subconsciously lie down on bed now. But I feel like something is missing, my body is very rigid when I try to sleep. It's like sleeping in a comfy open lid coffin.

"Hey Y/N, didn't have a good sleep?" Nat asked when I went down for breakfast.

I am a lot more comfortable with the team now, no longer staying in my room over 5 hours a day other than sleeping. I'm still not sure what I can do to help here so I'm just doing pieces everywhere. Most of the time I'm watching Star Wars with Peter since he really wanted to pull me into the franchise.

I shook my head at Nat's question before taking a seat and letting out a yawn. "Why don't you go back and try to sleep again?" I shook my head again, I came down because I felt like I could no longer stay in bed.

"Don't push yourself today then." I have training with Steve today after breakfast.

"Okay."

---

Training with Steve was alright, despite being a super soldier, he knew how to push people to their limits comfortably. There was always something I've improved on during these sessions with him. He was able to tell that I wasn't in my best condition and gave me an early release today. "Don't make a habit out of it." He said.

I sat in the kitchen with my head down fighting my sleep, I didn't want to sleep yet, it's not time for it. I heard footsteps closing in and I lifted my head acting as if I just arrived wanting to make a smoothie.

"Hey Y/N, what are you doing here? Need any help?" Wanda asked.

"I was just trying to make a smoothie or something to drink."

"In that case, let me show you something. You just came back from a session with Steve right?" Wanda made me a green smoothie that was quite tasty in contrast to its looks. "Why don't we relax on the couch and put something on? Ever watch a sitcom?"

"Never heard of it..."

"Then you're in for a treat!" She dragged me to the living room and inserted a DVD into the player. "This is my favourite."

Both of us got comfortable on the couch and I realised it was slightly different from a movie. Wanda laughed at some parts when they were making jokes but I don't really understand all of them.

Feeling tired from the training, I started dozing off and soon I couldn't hear anything coming from the TV. I wasn't too sure if I had finished the smoothie but I couldn't be bothered about it now.

"Y/N... wake up..." I groaned, opening my eyes slightly looking at Nat. "It's dinner time, you didn't even eat lunch." I shot up from my position, realising it was evening already. I didn't expect to sleep so long.

"It's okay to take a nap if you're tired. Come on, Wanda made dinner."

---

It wasn't the nap that I took that made me unable to sleep at night. I am yawning in my bed - a sign from my body that I'm tired, but why am I unable to go to sleep? I decided to find Nat for help because she had been the one teaching me.

"Nat, it's me. Can I come in?" I knocked on her door and waited for her reply. Soon, she opened the door and invited me in.

"Need help sleeping?" I was surprised she figured it out this quickly. "You've been taking more naps recently and each day you come down looking like you didn't get enough sleep." She said, reading my mind.

"I don't know why, I just can't sleep." I admitted.

"Come here, let's see if I can help." I got in her bed and laid how I would in my own. "You need to relax, you're too tense right now." She noted.

"But I don't know what else to do."

"Come here." She pulled me closer so she was holding me. I was half on her and half on the bed. "Just close your eyes and relax." I'm not sure how this was going to help me but I followed. Soon, I heard a lullaby of sorts and slowly drifted off to sleep.

It was really comforting.

When I woke up the next morning, Nat was already awake but holding on to her position. "Morning Y/N."

"Good morning Nat."

"How'd you sleep?"

"It was great, better than the past few days." I admitted. I fell asleep really easily with her. She made me feel a different kind of safe.

"I like you Y/N. I like you a lot. Ever since I saw you, I wanted to hold you close to me. I liked helping you sleep because I love seeing you relax."

Nat started spewing out words like a machine gun. "Can I get a response?" She asked when I remained silent.

"Is this what... feeling safe is like?"

"Yeah, a part of it. It can be exhilarating at times, just being comfortable doing nothing or sometimes scary." She explained. "So, can I bring you out on a date?"

"Out?" Ever since they rescued me from HYDRA, I haven't stepped out of the compound. I wasn't too excited about going out because there's a lot of things going on and my mind cannot calm down.

"Yeah. Don't worry, we can go slow." Nat said when she realised I was panicking. "We can just have dinner in the compound garden for our first. What do you think?"

"Okay, as long as we are in the compound."

"Yes, Okay, I'll come pick you up from your room tonight. Just wear something casual since we're staying in the compound. I want you to feel comfortable." Nat said excitedly.

So, I am going on a date with Natasha Romanoff.

Written on 30 Jun 2022
Posted on 1 Jul 2022

Requested by: idkwhatimdoininlife MrsOlsens_wife