Post it notes N.R

Second POV
Natasha was going away for a week-long mission together with Bucky. You didn't want her to go but you knew it was her duty as an Avenger. The least you wanted to be able to do was to follow along with her on mission. You are her girlfriend, it makes sense to help her, to be her partner. But Natasha was very adamant about you staying in the compound. Even until the last second, you were still begging to tag along. She had to enlist Wanda's help to hold you back while she walked towards the quinjet where Bucky was already waiting.

Knowing you were going to have a grueling week ahead of you, you trudged back to your shared room and plopped on the bed, not having your human charger next to you.

The next day, you woke up with a terrible headache because you didn't sleep well with an empty stomach. Well, the team tried bringing food but you refused to eat. Grumbling, you got up from bed to the cabinet where the Advil was kept. There was a post-it note waiting there for you.

Don't take it with an empty stomach.
Again, sorry for leaving.
I'll come back soon.
Love you. Xx

A smile spreaded on your face. You kept the post-it note before bringing along the bottle of Advil with you to the kitchen. Opening the fridge to get a drink, you were met with another post-it note.

Please tell me you're here for your breakfast and not your soda.

You let out a chuckle at how well Natasha knew your habits. You weren't a healthy person, sweet drinks were always on your mind and you would drink it anytime of the day, whether you just woke up or were heading to sleep. Ever since you became Natasha's girlfriend, she has been trying to get you to drink more water, to which you were improving, slightly.

You changed your plans and grabbed the milk and cereals, pouring them in separate bowls. Slowly, the team came down to have their breakfast and it felt like a normal day, minus your girlfriend.

It was time for training so you went to change before heading to the training room. "Hi Steve." You greeted him as he was also using the training room together with you.

"Hi Y/N. Using the armoury?"

"Yup." You said as you walked towards the door and unlocked it with your fingerprint. You don't know what you were thinking but you should have expected another post-it note waiting.

Don't spend too much time here.
Love you babe. Xx

p.s. Try not to be comfortable using the same gun.

You scoffed at her words. Even when she's not here, the instructor never leaves the room. You rolled your eyes and picked up your gun before heading to the shooting range.

Your clusters were somewhat together but they were off centre, they could have been worse considering Natasha isn't here and your mind was all over the place. While placing back your gun, you decided to follow your instructor's order and picked up another.

"Uff..." You weren't prepared for the recoil with the new gun. Safe to say your instructor had more experience than you.

Even though you were just standing there, pouring bullets shells onto the ground, you were sweating by the end of the session. You decided to take a warm bath when normally you would take a quick shower when Nat wasn't here. Your arm was sore from all the shooting and the muscles that were tensed in place to resist the recoil.

You had taken out your clothes to change into but you wanted more of Natasha's presence, even with the overflowing post-it notes you found around the compound. You opened her closet and saw another pasted on her hoodie.

You can wear my hoodie. I know it's your favourite.
I'll be back soon. Xx

A sudden wave of sadness washed over you. You missed her so much and it was only the second day. You squatted down in front of the closet and stuffed your face in her hoodie, taking in her scent and crying silently.

After regaining yourself, you went to sleep on Natasha's side of the bed but with your pillow. As you were adjusting the pillows, so you could hug hers, you felt another post-it note underneath. Of course she was going to put one here.

I can't wait till I'm back to hold you in my arms.
I'll be back as soon as I can.
I miss you too.

No amount of words can describe how much you appreciated Natasha's gestures, knowing how lonely you would be without her around. There was nothing she could do about leaving, but she can make your day slightly better by planting her presence everywhere around you. She knew your day from the start to the finish.

You went to sleep that day with a smile on your face knowing how much Natasha cared about you.

Written on 4 Dec 2021
Posted on 9 Jun 2022