Trauma N.R

Natasha was more than an Avenger, she was also a SHIELD agent. This meant she had more missions to go to, having to follow the orders from Fury. She also had more paperwork to hand up. Not only that, since she was very good at her job, lots of agents looked to her for help. Safe to say, she was carrying a lot of stress, balancing hers and other agent's work.

With the little time she had, how the both of you ended up together no one knows.

You were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. In fact, you had no other place to go. Both of you were sharing a room so it wasn't like you could never enter the room. Sure... you may have entered the room more than necessary, but that's because you missed her attention. You didn't even make a sound as you went to 'get what you need'.

"Nat..." You whined as you stood next to her. She has been on her table for the entire day and you can't recall when she left her seat. It was already getting closer to midnight and she showed no signs of stopping. Usually you'd be able to convince her to come to bed around midnight, but it's proving to be difficult this time.

"I already let you work for the entire day..." You lightly shook her shoulders, hoping to get her attention.

"Can you just keep quiet Y/N? You say you let me work but you keep walking in and out, how do you expect me to work?" She snapped at you.

"I didn't even make that much noise." You mumbled.

"What did you say? You can't even speak properly for goodness sake." You only heard the sound of her slamming the table before the back of her hand came in contact with your face and you stumbled backwards.

You turned to face her slowly, breathing heavily and looked at her in fear, reliving your childhood. When Natasha saw the blood dripping from the cut of your face caused by her ring, she realised what she has done and tried to apologise. "Y/N..." She took a step forward. You started screaming when she approached you and ran to find Tony in his lab. You knew he would be there even though it was close to midnight. He's practically married to his lab.

"What have you done this time Y/N?" Tony was ready to joke when you burst into his lab but seeing you in such distress, he stood up and met you halfway.

You hid behind his back trembling. It was one thing to be hit by a random person, Hydra's agent or even any other team member and you would be fine, but to be hit by the person you love was another. It brought back bad memories from your past, one you were never truly able to recover from.

It wasn't as if you couldn't defend yourself and you knew Natasha would stop but you were back to being a defenceless little girl you once were.

"Y/N, what happened?" Tony asked. You were digging your face behind his back and he tried to pat your back as best he could. You were shaking like a leaf as tears flowed on your face. You saw Natasha walking into the lab and you screamed even louder than earlier, dropping to your knees and hugging Tony's ankle this time.

"Romanoff, what did you do that caused Y/N to be so scared of you?"

"I- I slapped her. I didn't mean to." It broke her heart to see you in such a state. She was just so stressed that her body reacted before she could think, but that wasn't an excuse.

"What? You knew how much it affects her. I think you better leave, Romanoff." Natasha didn't want to move a step, but she knew her being there would affect you even more. So, reluctantly, she turned and left the lab, not before muttering a 'sorry'.

After Natasha's body got out of sight, Tony went to your level to comfort you as best he could. He tried bringing you back, grounding you to make you realise that you're safe and no one else was there to hurt you. It was only him and you.

Slowly, you managed to calm down and both of you were sitted on the floor, backs leaning against the cabinets. Tony tried to distract your mind as best he could but you would get the occasional flashbacks and whimper slightly.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Tony asked. You nodded your head. "Alright, let's go."

So for the next couple of days, you stayed in Clint's barn house. Tony wanted to situate you at his cabin but there would hardly be anyone there to comfort you so he asked Clint for a favour. Like true Tony Stark fashion, you've arrived with him at Clint's house unannounced. Tony explained to him the situation and he was mad at his friend for treating you that way.

After knowing you were safe with Clint, he took the quinjet back to the compound.

---

You hardly spoke when you were there. The only time the family could hear your voice was either when you were having a nightmare or when Clint was calming you down. Some days were so devastating that you would hide in the corners of the room or under the bed even though you were no longer in the nightmare.

No matter how many times Clint tried to persuade you to come out, you would only scream at him and swing your hand in front of you.

"Let's just get you showered alright?" He had to wait a few minutes before he could get a response from you. He set you in the tub with your clothes on and and poured warm water on your body. He tried leaving you alone to shower when you first arrived but he soon realised you would sit there and do nothing.

Changing was the least you could do and it sometimes takes you over half an hour to do so. Don't even get started with eating.

---

"I can't even get close to her without her screaming at me Nat, what's more when it's you." Natasha came to Barton's barn house after a few weeks. She knew this is where you would go since you had no one else to rely on.

Natasha was not doing so well either, her mind was filled with you when she was on missions. And on one mission, her mind was so distracted that she got punched by one Hydra agent. Thankfully, Steve was there to prevent any more damage.

Instead of the usual pristine look Natasha has whenever she was done with her mission, she ended up with more bruises and cuts than her usual zero. With Natasha's mind not on the mission, Fury decided to put her on leave until she was ready to come back. Hence, she was staying at her friend's house to check up on you at the same time.

"So it's back to when she first arrived." Natasha stated while looking at the direction of your room. "I did this to her, it's all my fault."

Written on 24 Jan 2022
Posted on 24 Jul 2022