Back together S.J (Req)

You left your television running as background noise while you did your chores. As the New Year was coming, you were deep cleaning the area. It hasn't been long since you started living alone again and silence doesn't take well on you.

While cleaning the kitchen, the program on the television continued to the Late Night Show with Jimmy Fallon. Being an actress yourself, you have been on the other side of the TV and it can be quite fun with the right interviewer. You left it be as you cleared out the cupboards and cleaned the surface. You really dread doing such chores but if you don't do them regularly, it'll pile up.

"And let's welcome Scarlett Johansson to the Tonight Show." A round of applause sounded from the speaker making you freeze.

Scarlett Johansson, your ex-girlfriend for two years. It had been a great time with her but it was tough with the time conflict. Each time you wanted to meet, she was busy with projects or interviews. While it was great that she was blooming in popularity, both of you were left chatting through the screen. Eventually so as not to waste the other party's time, the relationship came to an end just a few months ago.

You cut off all contact with her, otherwise, you wouldn't have the self-control to stop yourself from looking and approaching her. She was your first love and the one that you were looking forward to spend the rest of your life with.

You couldn't lie, part of the reason you were doing deep cleaning was to see if there was anything of hers to throw out or return to her. However, you were leaving that to the last. You still love her, it's not something that you doubted. Getting into projects was the best, all you had to do was memorise the script and do some research into the character, which distracted you from her.

"So Scarlett, you're here to promote your new movie, am I right?" Jimmy asked. "That's right, it's coming out in the cinema in a week and I hope everyone enjoys it."

"Let's take a look at the trailer for those who haven't seen it." It transitioned into the trailer and you realise the director is Wes Anderson again. Your feet moved away from the kitchen and into the living room, setting you in front of the couch. You have always drifted towards her even when she was doing nothing. Just her presence was enough to entice you. "You're doing very well, Scarlett." You found yourself muttering.

"Aaand that's the trailer of Scarlett's latest movie, go catch it at the cinema if you can when it comes out in a week." There was a pause for a commercial and you just sat on your couch looking through your phone until the program started again. "So Scarlett, news on the streets is that you're single again, you and Y/N are no longer together.. Is that true? Both of you were many people couple goals. Is there anything you can say about that?"

Of course, they were going to talk about that, there was no way they weren't going to get the juicy news to boost their views and ratings. "You're right, Y/N and I are no longer together. It ended peacefully because we felt it probably wasn't the right time to get together." You saw her take a deep breath before saying, "If it's possible, can I say a few words to her if she's watching?"

"Sure, go ahead." He nodded and gave Scarlett the time. Your heart was beating out of your chest, it was going to be the first time Scarlett addressed you since breaking up. "Y/N, I know it's been only a year since we stopped, lots of things can happen then, but I hope we can meet soon and give us a try again. If you do, my number is still the same."

Jimmy checked if Scarlett was done before wrapping up the show. "Thank you for joining us tonight and give it up for Scarlett Johansson!"

You leaned back on the couch, many thoughts swirling in your mind. Interviews were recorded in advance so it would have been about a week since this happened. Would she have changed her mind by now?