Looking back pt2 S.J

Scarlett POV
It's been almost six months since Y/N got into the accident or I have been staying at her house. The doctor said there were signs of improvement in her brain activity meaning she was receiving signals from us. It shouldn't be long before she woke up, hence we were back to staying in the hospital again.

"Hey Y/N, there's this script that I have been given but I'm not sure if I'm going to take it up yet. The director said it was just going to be my voice so I'm going to read it to you and you can tell me what you think alright?" Again there was no reply.

I began reading the part of the script I was given as I sat next to Y/N.

Even after reading, there wasn't any reaction coming from her other than the beeping sound coming from her machine.

"Keep doing that and she should wake up soon." I didn't even notice that her doctor was in the room. "Her brain scans show peaks when you are reading so I'm sure she can feel what you're reading." She was going through the graph that was constantly printing out.

"Thank you, I really hope she will wake up soon." I moved her hair back and caressed her cheeks a little. The doctor wrote some things on her board before leaving the room.

---

I was talking to the director on the phone talking about the acceptance of the script and my participation in the movie. He told me that I should only be needed after the filming was done and in a few months time.

I was holding her hand while talking when I felt a squeeze. I quickly hung up the phone and checked on her. "Y/N? Y/N, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand again."

I stayed quiet, looking for any sign of movement and heightening my senses. Finally after what felt like ages, she squeezed my hands again and I released my breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"You can do it, you're so close to waking up." I encouraged her, now knowing that she can hear me. I pressed the red button above her headboard to notify nurses and doctors to ensure the room. They came in and tried to ask for some response which they got but Y/N wasn't opening her eyes.

"There's a very high possibility that she will wake up within the week. We can only wait for her to wake up before we begin further testing." The doctor said before leaving.

For the rest of the week, I stayed close to her afraid that I would miss anything if I left for too long. I bought lunch and dinner and ate next to her while talking, hoping to make her jealous that I was eating delicious food while she was sleeping. Maybe she would wake up and snatch the food away from me.

She's been giving us more and more signals each passing day but she still wasn't waking up.

"Hey, I also bought some clothes for you since I was staying in your house for the past few months. I figured it could act as the payment for staying in your house and using your stuff but let's be real, there wasn't even anything to use so I am really paying for my own stay. I- I could probably use them the next time I live in your house."

Finally, I saw her eyes twitching, no I saw her eyes opening slowly. I bolted up from my seat and hovered near her. "Y/N, can you see me?" She didn't reply but I could see her eyes moving in my direction.

I immediately called for her doctor once I realised I was not imagining things. There were days when I thought that she was going to wake up but ended up getting disappointed so I made sure to double check this time.

They did the mandatory checks on her, noting down her blood pressure and heartbeat. "It will take some time for her to feel normal again after not using her limbs for so long. Her body's still tired from recovering so she will feel tired all the time. If everything goes well, I'd say she can discharge in 3 days."