Always Next To Me N.R

It was still hilarious to remember how you met Natasha no matter how many times you thought about it.

You were dejected while prepping for the tournament because you were lacking a sponsor. It wasn't cheap flying overseas just to compete and even harder to persuade someone that you were going to win the prize money and make their investment worth it. With no sponsors backing you, your dream of participating in the tournament would turn into smoke.

You were pedaling with your head down as hard as you could, trying to get rid of those thoughts when you felt you hit someone with quite some force with how fast you were pedaling. Immediately putting your foot down, you tried to brake and check on the person. You swore your heart stopped for a moment before picking up again.

You just knocked into the Black Widow. And it wasn't a light hit. You made her fall.

She's going to kill you. You were sure she was going to hunt you down and kill you.

"A-are you okay? Do I need to call the ambulance?" You went towards her when she tried to get back up. You could tell she injured herself as she placed more weight on her left foot than her right. Nonetheless, she managed to stand straight up before facing you. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

She shook her head. "We're both at fault. I should have paid more attention to my surroundings too."

"Are you okay? Do you need any help where you're going?" You asked once again.

"I'm okay. You're fine to continue where you're headed." She said. I was a bit hesitant to leave her alone. When I turned back and saw her limping her way, I knew I couldn't turn my back on her.

I cursed to myself before turning back and walked next to her. "I could give you a ride back? Or push? You could sit on my bicycle." It was a pretty unconventional bicycle since it was a racing bike. The handle was really low in order to have the least amount of air resistance. "You could hold onto my shoulders as I push the bike." You explained when she looked at you silently. "Or do you prefer calling someone?" You continued as the stare-off persisted.

You got your answer as she hopped closer to your bike. You helped her onto the bike as you held the bike steady. "Should I bring you to the Avengers Compound?"

"Yes, thank you."

It was pretty silent throughout the journey except when she asked you a few questions about what you were doing with such a bike on the streets. You told her about competing but probably how you'd have to squeeze every penny you had in order to be able to do so. You'd wouldn't be the first to compete without a sponsor, but it is still tough.

"Sorry, it's probably uncomfortable with such a seat." You said when you finally arrived at the destination.

"It's a lot easier to bear with that than to walk with an injured ankle."

This incident was something you'd never forget. The next day you received a letter that you had been sponsored by the Stark Corporation. You should have known that they would be able to get your address from whatever database they had. You went down to clarify with them, it was kind of an impossible mistake to make.

However, you were even more surprised when you reached the compound. Natasha was already waiting for you as she led you through the doors. The sight of new equipment greeted you left you speechless. This isn't a common sport to have all this delivered in a few hours.

"Now you don't have to worry about sponsorship. Also don't stress about winning. Stark doesn't really care about that."

Nevertheless, you went into the competition with all you've got and managed to win it. You gained a little bit of popularity after winning as no one knew you beforehand. With your new found confidence, you asked Natasha out who has been with you throughout the week of the competition cheering you on.