Losing to a Secret Admirer? N.R

Your POV
Natasha and I have been going to the same class for about 2 months and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a crush on her. Love at first sight was a load of rubbish before I met her. I often find myself taking all the opportunities to be with her, if she was going for a consultation, I'd tag along. If I had plans on studying I would throw it all away just to have lunch or dinner with her. Thankfully, her timetable was quite similar to mine and we were able to hang out together.

Me being me, I didn't know how I was going to get to spend more time with her. I wasn't going to ask her to spend time with just us and I didn't dare to text her as well. What if she thinks I'm a creep? She is literally Natasha Romanoff, everyone thinks she's the coolest, even the nerd, the bully and the shy ones. She's like the popular student but for a good reason.

I decided that since Clint and her schedule were the same, I'll ask the both of them if they wanted to study together before heading to a class. There was only one class for the day and I can book the group sharing room (GSR) so we are always assured of a place.

Finally, the bell rang and we were released from class, not that I was paying attention anyway. I quickly rushed out of the class hoping to catch Natasha by her locker. Thankfully, she was there but my steps stopped when I realised she was not alone. Just as I was about to turn and leave, who cares about putting books back into the locker at this point, Natasha waved at me and I could only smile and waved back as I approached them.

"Hi Y/N, nice seeing you around." Maria said once I got closer.

"Nice to see you too, how's your class?" I asked. Literally, what else was there to talk about other than our class, professor and clubs?

"It's going pretty well, not failing at least." I nodded before realising that I wanted to meet Natasha for a reason. If I don't ask her now, I'll have to wait another week.

"Eh... I was thinking, if you want... Do you want to study together... b- before heading to that economic class that we go to together? Clint can join too. A- and Maria, if you'd like and your timetable fits, it's on Thursday." I stuttered on my words and rambled slightly.

"I would love to, but I have a full day of class on Thursday." I nodded in understanding, looking slightly bummed but internally happy that there wouldn't be too many people joining.

"Sure, I don't mind. I'll ask Clint if he wants to. I know he prefers playing around rather than being confined to a room studying, I wonder how he is even passing his class." We laughed at Natasha's playful insult towards Clint.

"I'll see you around then. Bye." I waved at both of them before turning around to leave. My heart was thumping so hard that I thought it was going to fly out of my chest.

In the end, Clint joined us for a few sessions or midway as Nat and I usually studied from morning. During the study session we didn't talk much though, we just sat there and did our work without disturbing each other. I'm not sure if Natasha liked her studying area to be quiet or noisy but I didn't dare to make much noise. Though occasionally, I acted as if I needed help with some questions just so I can hear her voice or lean closer to her.

Finals were approaching and this time it was Nat who invited me to study with her. She joined the ballet club and the student performing art club union had allocated classrooms for clubs to study in. Knowing there was going to be extra spots, she extended the invite to me and naturally I wasn't going to turn that down.

We didn't set a time to meet and I wasn't going to ask her. I wasn't trying to look like I was dependent on her or that I was clingy so I just went on my usual time. As it turns out, Natasha was already there with her laptop out studying. When she noticed my arrival, she waved at me, signalling for me to sit at her table with her.