Right Person N.R

Ever since meeting you, Natasha has been applying for more leaves than anyone has seen her do in order to be with you. Recently, having used up all of her leave, she applied for more paperwork over outfield missions.

As you worked your shift in the cafe, she liked to sit in the corner and do her work. It has been very nice to see her presence after a quick rush of customers.

A regular came in from the door, and you began making his drink before he reached the counter. Taking a quick scan around, he hastened his step to the counter as he got ready to pay. Both of you made some small talk as your coworker got his drink ready.

"I think the lady over there would be a good match for you." He said. Taken aback by his words, you asked him to repeat himself. "The lady by the corner? She's always here when you are working. You should ask her out sometime. She might say yes."

"You mean the lady by the pastry case?" He nodded his head. "Well, you are a few years too late then. She is my fiance." His face flushed when you told him about your relationship with Nat.

You met Natasha a few years ago on your day off from work and hers. Rare as it may be for Natasha to have a day off, it was actually because almost everyone in the compound was out, leaving her alone. After making her first stop to get her coffee, she met you just outside the cafe petting a dog that was waiting for her owner.

People say having a dog allows you to meet new people, and in this case, it was true, even by proxy.

"Is that your dog?" Natasha asked. You paused your petting and looked up. A lady with fiery red hair filled your vision. It took a moment for her words to sink into your head, and you shook your head.

"No, not at all. I was just accompanying this dog for a while as her owner went in to grab a drink. I work here as a barista, you see. Every day I see her dog sitting outside alone, and since I'm on leave today, I'm taking this opportunity to pet her." You said as your hand refused to stop moving.

"You said you were on leave?" You nodded your head. "Would you want to join me for the rest of the day?"

And when such a beautiful lady asks you on your day off, you're not going to reject her.

However, that was not the only time someone tried to make you and Natasha get together. This time, you were giving refills to those who were having their coffee here. As a kind gesture, you told the customers you were going to have a few days off on holiday.

"Where are you going?" One of the customers asked.

"To Australia."

"Are you going with friends or someone else?" Her friend joined in and asked.

"With my fiancé." You pointed at Natasha in the corner, and when she noticed, she gave a smile and waved.

"Oh! She's your fiancé. I was wondering why she's always here!"

"I was literally about to suggest to you one of these days that she seems like she has a crush on you, and you should ask her out!" Her friends said.

"Yeah, I always thought you two would make a cute couple!"

Even though you didn't need the validation, the idea that some random strangers repeatedly want to set you up with Natasha is a great way to know you chose the right person.

Written on 24 June 2023
Posted on 24 Oct 2023