Practice S.J

Third POV
After Y/N did her first ever concert, she realised how tiring it was dancing and singing at the same time. It's totally different from singing repeatedly in the studio or the rehearsals she did before the actual event started.

Y/N started out strong in the first hour, going strong, dancing and singing out her lungs until she wasn't able to match the energy, not being able to jump as much and started only taking a few steps here and there as she sang. She wasn't able to hit higher notes like the original song should sound like and she wasn't able to hold her breath as long for the song.

Y/N had come a long way since her debut and Scarlett had been by her side every step of the way. Whenever Scarlett could, she would try to visit her then girlfriend at the studio and give her lunch knowing how prone she was to skip it.

Years later, they tied the knot and Scarlett would still take care of Y/N. Seeing Y/N working on her music always brings her back to the time when they first met at a bar where Y/N was performing as she hadn't been scouted. Scarlett doesn't go to the bar often, maybe once in a while to relax but once she saw the Y/E/C lady, she repeatedly headed back to the bar to meet her. They finally went on a date when Scarlett gathered her courage and wrote her number on the back of the paper when she submitted her song request to Y/N.

The singer smirked at her and pocketed the paper at the back of her pocket and proceeded to tell the band the coming song. The date was great and years later, the rest was history.

After the concert she held, she realised how much she was lacking compared to others. Scarlett only held her close that night without saying anything because she knew complimenting her would only encourage her to think of more negative things she did. Y/N felt like she literally did next to nothing in the concert other than standing there singing. If she could bring a chair to sit, she would have done so.

Scarlett POV
I could tell Y/N have been trying to improve herself after that concert. She started spending more time in the studio after having a break when the concert ended. Whenever I would visit her, she would be singing with her producer behind the controls.

"You're not heading to the studio today?" I asked when I saw her coming down from the bedroom above. Usually by now, she would have reached the studio. She shook her head and started making herself a cup of tea.

"I'm going to set now alright?" I told her as I held her shoulders from behind. "You can come whenever you're free."

"I'll miss you." She said as she turned around to kiss me after setting the water to boil.

"You've been busy these past few days, shall we go for a date when I come back tonight." I asked.

"Sure baby." She gave me one last kiss on the forehead before I took my bag and drove to set.

Time on set was great but I was excited to see Y/n for our date later. Now, I'm heading back home unable to contain my excitement while driving.

"Baby! I'm home!" It feels off saying this because I'm usually home earlier than she is. I didn't hear her reply but I could hear her singing which was weird. Our home studio is soundproof and if she was singing inside, I wouldn't be able to hear it unless she forgot to close the door?

I went to our bedroom to check if she's there but there was no one there, not even the bathroom. I could tell she wasn't in the studio when I checked as the lights were not on. I followed where the sound was coming from and ended up in the home gym.

I stood by the door and admired Y/N as she sang. She was singing while running on the treadmill. She doesn't sound as out of breath compared to a few months earlier. She could even hit her high notes on a steady breath while running for 10 seconds with the ending being a soft calming sound.

I've always admired her dedication to improve herself even if she's already an established singer. She tries new ways to get to a higher position.

"You're going to crush your next concert." I said as I clapped, announcing my presence. Y/N turned around and wiped her sweat with the towel that was resting on the handle.

"Thanks. Sorry I didn't hear you come back." I shook my head not minding that small matter. Seeing her this free and not stressed out about her loss relaxed my mind.

"Is this your new training?" I asked.

"Yeah, Danny said it'll help with my stamina and lung capacity at the same time. So that's what I'm going to do these few days instead of going to the studio." She explained as she got ready to have a shower before we had our date.

"I love you."

Y/N smiled and came forward cupping my cheeks and kissed me. "I love you too. I'll try to be quick."

Written on 12 Aug 2022
Posted on 25 Oct 2022