Fake it till you make it S.J

"You have to understand! I can't attend the award show without a date when he has a girlfriend around his arm." Scarlett decided to pick me as a victim, and barged into my office one morning to rant about her ex-boyfriend. She started pacing around, ranting about how much of a trouble she was in.

You let her ramble as you tried to complete your work. When she saw that you were typing away instead of listening to her, she slammed your desk to get your attention. "Are you listening to me? I don't care if I win anything that night, but I'm not going alone."

You sighed and looked at her. "I am... You want to make him jealous and feel like you settled for him when you could get more. What do you suppose I do?" You rubbed your temples, having to deal with this unexpected problem presented to you.

"Go with me." She replied immediately with a grin. "I thought about this. Only you are the suitable candidate to go with me. You know me the longest and it wouldn't be surprising for me to bring you as my date." She smiled at you as if all the problems would go away.

"You're not thinking about this in the long term, Scarlett. What about the press? What happens after? What are we going to tell the people and your friends who approach us?" You listed some potential problem you'd face and this was not even the end of it.

"Don't worry about it! I'm an actress, so the story comes to me naturally." You stared at her, wondering if she was being serious with all this planning. Ultimately, you knew you couldn't deny this woman, and you told her you'd have a chat with her agent before telling her more. "Why do you have to talk to Ava? Why can't you just tell me?"

"Ava knows more information I need than you do. Now get out before I get fired from my job." You shooed your friend out the door before she decided to take residences in your office.

When you saw that she finally left, you already knew you were going to help her. You've had a crush on her even before she started dating Brandon. You went out with her whenever you could, you never turned down a chance to meet her when she asked to meet you. Who knows when would be the next time you get to meet her with hers and your busy schedule.

During your break, you contacted Ava and asked for the relevant details, who were the sponsors, how does it normally go, what kinds of leeway you would be able to take advantage of. Eventually, you managed to smooth out a plan and told Scarlett to meet you at your house later.

You knew she would be too excited for this and end up meeting you at the office again. And there she was, smiling like a golden retriever at your door. No one would think she has trouble looming over her. You shook your head and turned off your laptop before taking your bag to leave with her.

"Shall we order takeout and talk on the way?" She nodded and quickly got into your car. "Since the main point of this was to make him jealous and make a huge show out of this, we should take this chance to make things as out of the ordinary as possible. We have to accept that there will be news about us." You preface your plan with that.

While waiting for your food to be ready at the parking lot, you passed her your tablet with the slides that you prepared for her. Having much experience with slides, this kind of thing came to you easily and you finished it within minutes.

There, you planned everything from her clothes to yours, and the place both would be staying. Everything has been settled, seeing how the event was starting in a few days. She would have to go with what you have planned or she'd have to go alone.

"Wow, you're doing this as if you organised the event and got the spotlight."

"I go all in, or nothing."

After collecting your order, you drove back to your house and Scarlett instantly popped the question she had been meaning to ask. "So... which car are we taking?" She knew about your obsession with cars and the numerous cars in your garage at your disposal.