I hate you S.J

Scarlett POV
I came home after filming. It wasn't a particularly hard day, but I was still excited to head home to see my baby.

I set my keys on the catchall and Y/N was sitting on the couch looking through her phone. She turned to look at me abruptly when I was about to approach her. "I hate you." She said with a straight face.

My eyes widened, I was taken aback by her words and glanced slightly at her phone screen. It wasn't showing any message, she was just scrolling through her Instagram, I don't remember doing anything that would have made her say that. I didn't get too close to any of my co-stars or have any photos circulating the internet as my agent would have told me.

I couldn't tell if this was all a prank, as she wasn't such a person. Before I could continue, she stood up and walked toward me. "I hate you..."

"Baby..." I tried to take her hand to explain anything and thankfully she didn't pull away.

"I hate you... I hate your character. I hate how it makes me tear up even though it is happy news. I hate that it makes me hate marvel and I don't plan to watch any more of their movies unless it contains you. I hate that they developed your character and made me grow feelings for you only for me to lose you. I hate that they are continuing the timeline without you." Tears were rolling down her cheeks and I used my thumb to wipe them off and smile sadly at her.

"It's almost as if you were playing with my feelings. You're here, but I can't have you. I want to go back to the days when I don't know you. Things were tough, but at least my heart was not breaking." Her voice broke at the end when setting her head on my shoulder. I gently rubbed her back up and down while we stayed in the same position.

I tapped her thigh, and she knew to jump as I held her and walked towards our room. Y/N lay on the bed as I took her night clothes and helped her change before doing it myself. She had stopped crying, but she was still sniffing.

"Why did you suddenly feel like this?" I asked softly as we cuddled under the sheets.

"I was seeing people posting the interviews about MOM and it dawned upon me that you're not going to be involved anymore. But everyone was still talking about you." She whispered softly into my neck as her safety bear was between us. "I just miss her so much."

"I know baby, I know. I missed playing as her too. But she wanted it, it was the only way she could fully redeem herself."

We stayed together as I hummed a little so she could relax even more. Y/N stopped talking as she closed her eyes until her stomach rumbled a little. "Baby, are you hungry?" She shook her head against my chest. "Really?" She nodded.

"Come on... I'll carry you down." I carried her like a koala knowing she was not going to move. I know there are going to be more days like this down the road but I was ready to be with her whenever she feels like this. She just needs some encouragement before standing up and continuing. I believe in her.

Written on 30 April 2022
Posted on 10 Sept 2022