Mystery Gifts N.R

Nat POV
I have been receiving mystery gifts in front of my door steps these days. At first glance I thought it was some sort of fan gift that Happy had filtered through the security system, which even so, would have been a first. But at closer inspection, there was no address and no sign off.

I was being very careful with it, not wanting to bring it to my room and potentially set off something. The package itself looks unhostile, the wrapping paper folded neatly on each corner and there was no ticking sound emitting.

"What have you got there Romanoff?" I rolled my eyes at what I have to deal with in the morning before getting my first cup of coffee.

"A bomb, catch it." I casually said as I tossed it to him, making my way to the coffee maker.

"What!?" He shouted when it landed in his hands. "Witchy, think quick." He tossed it off to Wanda who caught it midair with her magic.

"She's just messing with you." Wanda said before setting it on the table gently. "Can I open it?"

I nodded my head as I sat next to the kitchen counter. Wanda squealed as she took out the wrapping paper. "Wow, there's a teddy bear, a note and a stalk of rose. I don't know how you see it but I definitely think someone has a secret admirer." Wanda teased. I bore no interest in them as she took out each one and had a look.

"Who has a secret admirer?" Steve asked as he entered the dining room as well. Great, another person to deal with.

"Nat. She received this in front of her door today." Wanda answered for me. Honestly, she should be the one on the receiving end instead. I'll just disappoint the giver since I wasn't feeling anything for it. "Nat, you should read the note, it's for you."

Hi,

I know at first this may seem very shocking to you. Sending this anonymously of me may be very cowardice of me but I know this is the only way I can act upon my feelings.

When I first entered into SHIELD there were many rumours surrounding your name. I didn't manage to see you in person on my first day as you were sent on a mission. People think you are all business and no fun which leads to them thinking you're mean and curt.

But I see you differently.

One stalk of rose represents my love at first sight.

Recruit

"The teddy bear is cute." Wanda said as she took it out of the box and stroked its fur. "It's so soft."

"You can be careful with it then." I left the bear with Wanda before leaving with the note and rose. I could hear her shouts for me to take the bear with me as well but I only heard creepy stories that accompanied teddy bears that are sent anonymously.

---

Since then, everyday there would be new things left in front of my door. It's not always in the morning that it gets left there. It could be after my training or just before I go to bed. There would be something to accompany the roses and notes. Each day, the number of roses will increase by one.

"So what did you get today?" Wanda asked. She was very obsessed with this like she was chasing some kind of series. Without fail, every day she would ask what I received unless she was on a mission. She clapped her hands like a seal when I passed her the box. I didn't bother bringing down the roses since it was getting too much for the mysterious sender to put inside the box. "This is the 9th day right?"

"You're right. They got me a perfume that I have been wanting to get. It's sold out in so many places."

"What about the note?"