You're not meant to know N.R

Your POV
I was one of the first few to reach the office. There wasn't any need to rush to find seats since it's designated but I like to be prepared. The first thing I do is turn on my computer as I get my table ready as the email loads.

"Oh my god oh my god." I could hear the words with the clicking of high heels before I saw the person. "Please tell me Miss Romanoff is not here yet."

"You're safe." I told my best friend, Emily. She's always cutting it close to arriving at the office. Miss Romanoff doesn't like employees who are late and often do surprise spot checks on us.

"Thank goodness I wasn't sure if she was coming today." She heaved a sigh of relief as she sat at the next station next to me. I was about to lean over the separator between us when Sylvia placed some file on my table.

"Finish this by lunch time." She said and left. Sylvia is my manager and she's the assistant for Miss Romanoff. I didn't even get to reply to her. I know this is her work that she didn't manage to finish yesterday as she always leaves work at 5pm sharp.

"Y/N, are you okay? You don't look too well." Emily reached over and tapped my shoulder. She didn't have to worry about Sylvia catching her because she was never the target.

"I'm fine."

"Don't push yourself too hard. You know this isn't part of your work."

"Don't worry." I got started with my work leaving Sylvia's work aside. Midway through, Miss Romanoff came out to pass Sylvia some work and when she turned to look at me, I gave her a quick smile before doing my work again.

I was looking through the designs that the client has sent and checking if we are able to deliver with the suppliers we have or we have to find alternatives if we couldn't, when Sylvia came knocking on my table asking for the work she gave me to do earlier.

"I didn't do it." I told her defiantly.

"I told you to get it done by lunchtime. You're not going for lunch until you're done with it."

I stood up from my desk and was the same height as her. She wasn't going to make me scared of her. I only started helping Sylvia in the beginning because I truly thought she was busy because I knew it wasn't easy being Miss Romanoff's assistant.

"I am your boss. I told you to do it and you're going to do it." She said while poking me in the shoulder, getting faster with each word.

I pushed her hand away. "This is your job. You get paid to do it, why should I do it for you?" She wasn't happy that she wasn't getting the results she wanted and pushed me away. The sudden movement caused me to have multiple images of the table and I wasn't able to hold myself steady before falling to the floor.

"Y/N!" Emily came next to me. "Are you okay?" Her voice sounded like it was underwater. "Don't close your eyes!"

I tried really hard to stay awake but my eyelids are just so heavy.

Natasha POV
I heard shouting coming from the office outside. I know during lunch time it gets a bit noisier as they tend to get excited about discussing what to eat but surely there wasn't any need to shout. I stepped out of my office trying to figure out what's wrong.

When I got out, I saw a crowd surrounding Y/N's desk. Y/N has a decent size group of friends in the office because she's friendly and kind to everyone, people tend to gravitate towards her. But seeing Sylvia standing there was odd because she repeatedly told me she didn't like her.

"What's going on here? Why is there so much noise?" I raised my voice a little to let them know I was here. People started to move away slightly and saw Y/N lying on the ground.

"What's happened here?" I immediately pushed people away and got to her side. I knew I shouldn't have allowed her to go to work today. She has been feeling sick for the past few days.

"I-I don't know, I did nothing." Sylvia said. I knew she was lying and faced Emily who was holding Y/N in her lap.

"Sylvia pushed her." She said in simple words.

I started panicking and placed my arms under her leg and back and started carrying her out. "I need to get her to the hospital."

"Why are you so worried about her?" Sylvia insensitively commented.

"Because she's my wife! And if I am not carrying her in my arms, I would have punched you in the face." I glared at her. "I have endured enough of you! You can pack your things and leave, you're fired!" I shouted before running to my car.

"Nat?" Y/N regained her consciousness before I managed to reach my car. "Where are we going?" Her voice was soft as it takes a lot of energy for her to speak.

"You fainted, I'm going to take you to the hospital." I opened the car door and gently placed her on the passenger seat.

She placed her hand on mine as I was trying to buckle her. "I'm fine, I just need to rest."

"I'm not risking it." She sighed but stopped complaining and drove as fast as possible to the nearest hospital.

"Hi, my wife here just fainted, can I get her checked?" I told the receptionist and she gave us a number and we waited for our turn in the waiting area. I could tell she was still weak as her hands rested on her lap and she's saying few words. Her eyes are trained on one thing to prevent her head from moving too much.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked as our number got closer. She just nodded and mumbled a quiet yes. I kissed her temple as we waited together.

---

"I need to go back to the office to grab something first, do you want to come together?" I asked Y/N as we started our drive.

"I don't mind."

"But heads up, I kinda announced that we are married."

Her head snapped to mine but she just sighed afterwards. "It's fine. They are bound to notice in the future."

"I'm sorry."

Your POV
I went back to my desk to pack the things I've used and collected my bag as Natasha went inside her office.

"Are you alright now? How can you not tell me that you're married to Miss Romanoff? For how long? Are we best friends?" Emily stood up from her station gaining attention in the office.

"Quiet down." I pushed her back on her seat. "We've been married about five years, I didn't want people to know about our office relationship. I started out as her assistant before we started dating and after we got married, I just wanted an easier job so I asked to be transferred. Speaking of, where's Sylvia? I didn't see her at her desk."

"Miss Romanoff fired her on the spot."

"Ohh... she'll have to find another assistant then." Natasha is very particular about her assistant, if she can't find one within a short amount of time, I know who's going to end up taking that position.

"She's damn hot while doing so."

"Hey!" I widened my eyes.

"Hey babe, are you ready to go?" Natasha came over after collecting her files and bag.

"Yeah. See you, Emily."

We went to the car and Natasha held my hand throughout the entire journey. "You don't have to go to the office so early from now on. Everyone knows now. No one is going to mess with you." Nat said while rubbing her thumb over my knuckles. "You've been working for so long already, everyone knows you're capable."

"Alright..."

"You gave me a shock when you fainted." Nat said when we stopped at a red light. "Are you ready to be a baby mama?" She looked at me lovingly.

"I hope so."

"You'll do great. I know it."

"We are finally going to be parents."

Written on 19 Jul 2022
Posted on 9 Oct 2022