Behind your back S.J

I know this is set in some specific restaurants and cafés and, not all dining places have such a technology.

Buckle up, this is the longest one shot (5.6k) I have ever written. God I miss the times when I wrote a maximum of 1.5K words and churn 3 of them a day.

Who was the one who said the eldest is the one who gets the company of their parents? Despite being the one getting an education for it, working from the bottom ranks, and learning how the company works, it was ultimately given to your younger sister who was a good for nothing except for her good looks.

It took you quite a while to get over it. It was something that you were preparing for all your life.  Everyone expected you were going to take over instead of Rebecca. You sensed the shift in employees' view towards you at work. Even though you weren't treated badly after that, it felt like people were feeling bad for you, having to comply with the order of your younger sister. You told your parents that sooner or later she was going to run the company to the ground without any experience. 

During this time, your boyfriend, Daniel, was being hot and cold. Each prospect of going on dates was being canceled one after another. But never would you expect that Rebecca was luring him away from you. You'd thought that with Rebecca being the new CEO, it would have freed more time for you to spend with him since he was always complaining that you were being a workaholic. You believed every fake word that came out from his mouth when you complained about Rebecca to him, thinking he truly understood you.

You argued with Daniel for cheating on you. Surely there was an unwritten code that you shouldn't cheat on your girlfriend with her sister. It wasn't like it was a short relationship, it had lasted for almost four years since the end of your university. Rebecca was not spared either. It was one thing to snatch away the spot of CEO of your parents' company, but another thing to betray you in such a way. Ever since then both of you weren't on speaking terms. Your parents tried being the mediator but they expected you to be the bigger person since you were older and forgive Rebecca. You absolutely couldn't stand any of them any longer and walked out of the house, resigning the next day.

You looked for an apartment to rent at an affordable price before looking for a job, nothing much, just a place where you can comfortably rest. You tried looking for another full time job at a company and with your degree with experience you have, you were easily hired. You made new friends in your new company, and while it was tough to start anew, it was fulfilling to know that this was something that was truly yours.

You hadn't really thought about anything else except to bring stability to your career again until you saw her. Your and your colleagues went out for lunch together at a nearby Raman place that not many people know about.

"Oops sorry." You said when you knocked into someone coming out of the restaurant. She had a familiar face that you thought you recognised somewhere. You thought nothing about it and was about to follow the rest of your friends back to your office when she caught your elbow, pointing to the purse you were carrying.

It appears her drink has split onto your purse. "I'm so sorry for the mess."

You interrupted her before she could finish her sentence. "No, it's okay. I can clean it up. It's no worry." That's why you always preferred buying dark colour bags to cover up any stains. It's not branded anyways. You could always replace it if it's too tough to clean.

"No, I can't allow you to do that. Here's my number, let me know how I can compensate you." She searched her bag for a pen before writing it down on a receipt she had for her coffee. "Really, please give me a call." She said as she passed you the paper before leaving.

"What took you so long?" Your friends asked as you fell behind.

"Someone spilled coffee on me and tried giving me their number."