Meet you in the air S.J

People couldn't understand how both of you maintained a relationship. While it was great that while Scarlett was filming overseas, you weren't stuck at home alone, some could argue that you travel more than your girlfriend. Depending on the frequent flights, you could be gone for as short as one day or as long as a week.

You had been lucky enough to be on board the same flight as your girlfriend on some occasions, but your rank wasn't high enough to be serving first-class or business-class passengers. And your girlfriend wouldn't be flying economy for a long-distance flight. If you are in the same country as her and you get your notice early enough, you would tell your girlfriend your flight number to check if she was on the same flight.

This was what happened here. You were lucky enough to be on the same flight as her. You even managed to swap sections with your colleague, so you could work near the divider closer to business class. Your colleagues know of your relationship with Scarlett, and you may have used a bit of her signature in order for it to happen.

You were especially excited about this trip because Scarlett had just finished her shoot, and you were on your last flight home. You would have a few days together before you get sent for another flight. After sending Scarlett your final thumbs-up, you boarded the plane, excited to see your girlfriend and to serve the passenger

"Hardly ever see you smile so much Y/L/N." Your senior crew member noted.

"That's because her girlfriend is on the same flight as us." Felica mentioned.

"Nice to see your real smile today. But please remember you're supposed to serve everyone equally." You nodded your head before heading to your station and making sure that everything was ready for boarding.

Your section was the economy entrance, where you smiled at everyone and made sure that their boarding pass had the right flight number before letting them in. This was the easy part of the job. Once everyone was seated and the safety briefing had been made, it was time for take-off.

When the seatbelt sign is off, you were very tempted to head to the business class to visit your girlfriend. Sadly, you still had things to do and had to prepare for the inflight meals next. If passengers were to notice that their section was taking a particularly long time to be served, the chances of you getting promoted would drastically decrease. It's hard to please everyone when choices were limited, but at least some of them were reasonable.

You gave pleading eyes to your partner and rolled her eyes as she shook her head. You took that as a yes and went to the business class section with a glass of champagne on your tray. "A gift for you, miss." She looked up at you with a smile on her face before accepting it. "When can I meet the kind lady that so kindly gave me this?" She smirked a little as she took a sip.

"Right away." You left her area and headed back to your prep station as she trailed behind you.

"I missed you so much." She whispered right next to your ears once the curtain was pulled and no one could see you.

"I missed you too. Even though we text every day." You admitted. Her touch was always so calming and drove away all the anxious thoughts that scared you at night. "Just a few more hours, and I'll meet you at the arrival hall." The same routine you formed when you're on the same flight as her.

"Can't I wait for you outside the gate?" She questioned. "It's been so long. We can be together faster."

"Then you'll have to wait alone, sweetheart. We have to debrief and make sure that everything is in order before we can leave."

"I'll wait. Anything to be with my love faster."

Someone clearing their throat caused you to stand slightly further apart. "Are you done?" Felica asked. "I've been walking up and down the aisle numerous times, and I think it's time for me to take a rest too."

You gave a guilty smile at Scarlett before pulling back the curtain slightly for her to enter. "Yup, thank you for that. I'll see you later, Scar."

"You owe me."

You were ashamed to say you cut many corners to get out of the plane as soon as possible, but at this point, your colleague couldn't be bothered to correct you and picked up your slack instead. You were very lucky to have them as your friends.

"I'm done!" You raised your arms and cheered as you met with Scarlett.

"Finally, time together without anyone disturbing us." She linked her arms with yours as you walked down the airport together to pass immigration and collect your luggage.

You smiled and kissed her temples. "Can't wait."

Written on 24 May 2023
Posted on 17 Oct 2023