Liho N.R

Third POV
Bucky came to visit Natasha the other day. He had a favour to ask of her.

He found a stray cat the other day that looked like it was in a fight, and he didn't want to leave it alone, especially since he has a cat, Alpine, himself. He tried taking care of her and bringing her to the vet, making sure she was back to full health.

He didn't mind caring for two cats, but Alpine wasn't a big fan of it. He would meow loudly when Bucky would pet her and jump between the both of them. Alpine was territorial. He never liked sharing his space with anyone and preferred his peace.

Bucky had no choice but to find another home for the cat. Yup, he has been calling her 'the cat'. At first, he tried asking Steve, but between his busy schedule and gym, he didn't have time to take care of an animal. He thought of Sam, but that guy would forget to feed you, and he dared not risk it.

"Thank Nat, I have no idea who else would take care of her as well as you do." Bucky said.

"No worries Bucky; I'm sure the cat would be a nice addition to the quiet house." She said as she stroked the cat in her arms. A step in the right direction, at least it wasn't hissing to get out of Nat's arms.

After Bucky left, Natasha went to set everything up. If she was going to do it, she was going to do it right. She set up the litter box, feeding and water area, and climbing tree, knowing cats like to be at a higher area, overlooking the place.

"I can't possibly keep calling you the cat. Kelly? No, sounds like a human name. Blackie? Since you're all black?" It moved away, not showing interest in Natasha's antics, more interested in the new environment and things it has now.

"Liho?" The cat meowed and rubbed its head on Natasha's ankle. "I'll take it as you like it then."

Natasha's life with Liho changed ever since. Instead of meeting with her friends from work, she would rush home to take care of Liho, making sure she wasn't making a mess in her house. There were times when she came back and the place was in a mess. Pillows and books were on the floor, plants toppled down from their ledges and dirt everywhere.

But she wouldn't change it for the world. Her neighbours would attest that she looks brighter after getting Liho, often finding her speaking to Liho as if she was able to respond. She would talk about her day as Liho was eating and receiving pets from her.

"Liho! Where are you? Did you take my keys again?" It was hard to find Liho at times as she liked to hide in places with shiny stuff she found around the house. "Liho, I'm going to be late for work if you don't come out!" Nat continued searching for Liho in places she knew she liked to hide, until she found her hiding behind the book in her bookshelf. "There you are. Now, where are my keys?" Nat moved the books slightly and found her keys hiding behind.

"Be good and don't make a mess in the house okay?" Liho was listening to her for the first half of the sentence before turning around to lick her paws. Natasha sighed before closing the door, she could only do so much against an animal.

Did Natasha lock the door when she went out? Probably. But did she close the window? Nope.

Seeing the opportunity, Liho jumped onto the ledge and out the window. She didn't have much chance roaming around the city apart from the days when she was still a stray. She walked and walked around the estate mesmerised by the landscape in front of her, ignoring the other animals that went up to her. Without her knowing, it turned dark and Natasha was panicking that she couldn't find Liho in her house.

N: Bucky! I can't find her anywhere!

B: Alright calm down. Did you lock the door when you left?