Chapter twenty six

Novas POV

Now here's the thing with this park. It's a private kinda park. Like only the people who live in this neighbourhood come here so it's pretty private. Also because it's a gated community and it's the only gated community with a park this big and private. The place was massive and also like the place to see celebs. Only rich people and celebs live here and you can't just be anyone with money they do back ground checks and everything. Even if someone comes in to visit they have to be chances first by security and we'll they can be mean to strangers because they have to be. But I know them all and they are very nice people really. They just gotta do there jobs first. Now dads house was close by to the park but aunt scars house was a few blocks away. Dad had his own land here and so did she. The houses aorund here weren't like stacked upon each other they all had land around them really. So the park wasn't even busy because well normal people don't come here. And no outside kids can coke in so it's clean and well put together. Actually the community all paid for this park to be built.

Rose ran ahead of us and I was close behind her. I really loved this park it was way different to the one in England. I loved the swings they overlooked the pond that we the park had. Rose had gone straight for the climbing frame. Now she was practically a monkey because she could get up there and like hang upside down. Now I'm not aloud to even attempt it because of how clumsy I am. I get told of for doing cartwheels because we'll I'm a walking hazard. I can fall over air. I've sprained my ankles more times tne I could count. I've broken my nose and I've also burnt myself. Which I don't talk about because it happened before I came here. I was only 7 at the time and they only know I was burnt because of one of my hospital trips. When is sprained my ankle for the one hundredth time dad and aunt scar along with Lizzie had come to take me even though it wasn't serious. But yeh my medical records had just come to the hospital so when they checked me they wanted to make sure everything was good.

So here I was laying with a ankle the size of a pregnant cat. Dad had my foot under. A pillow and just kept fluffing it. Lizzie was reading a magazine while aunt scar sat in the chair next to my bed watching a crappy drama on the tv. It's been ages that we'd been here if it was serious they'd be faster so I wasn't worried. And I had said not to come but do they listen to me no. No they don't. So yeh now they have to wait so long because of themselves. But as I was thinking I saw the doctor walk in. He was reading whatever was on that clipboard and I knew he was going to tell me it's sprained and to stay off it but to do them stupid exercises. But he asked " I was just looking over you're records and it says you were treated for 2nd and 3rd degree burns?" Ans I nodded casually I didn't thing anything of it. But the adults in the room looked like they'd been hit by some buses. " what? When? Where ? How?" And I looked at dad who was struggling to finish his sentences and I smiled at him " erm well I was 7. The 3rd degree part is small and well the rest had faded and the tiny bit you can see will go in time." I said and they all still had the same faces. I didn't wanna answer anymore about it I wasn't exactly comfortable with talking about it. " okay we'll that's good it's healed properly and of it gives you any bother just let us know. I don't see anything else that should cause concern really." And I nodded he told me about my ankle and that we could leave now. Dad and Lizzie went to sign the paperwork and aunt scar stayed with me because I needed na adult with me. " how come you never told us about it?" And I looked at her " it's not something I like to talk about" I said and she nodded. She just stayed silent and I didn't think much of it. Just that I was hungry and I knew I had a chance at a McDonald's.

Scarlett's POV

When the fuck was she burnt? How did I not know about this? How did none of us know? And better yet why did she think it wasn't important to mention ? I mean I know it's not really important but she's never even mentioned anything to do with iy. And it makes me wonder how much more we don't know about her.knowing that my little girl was hurt and I coudnt do anything and the more important fact that o wasn't there to comfort her that's what's making this hard. Now nova was 7 when it happened so it's been 3 years but she hasn't said where it was that she was burnt so I tried to look her over to see where it could be. Surely I can't have missed A burn on her. " it was my Upper thigh" she said and I looked at her great she caught me. " you can barely see it and It's still fading so it'll be gone"
And I did wanna ask how it happened but I could tell she didn't wanna as we that so I just left it. She'll tell me or one of us when she's ready to do so. I just kept thinking about how I'd have been terrified if I was in that position and I just wanna know how she was. If they had been by her side and they'd comforted her when it happened. I really hope she wasn't alone because she doesn't talk about them but from what I do know they weren't good people. And we'll that makes
Me hate myself for giving her up even more.

_______________________________

Little flash back

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal

Get a good sleep

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️