Chapter fifty eight

Nova POV

I had fallen asleep at some point I assumed because I felt someone carrying me. It wasn't uncommon for dad to carry me to bed I'm a giant Baby when I'm sleepy. Also it's just a lot easier for him to put me to bed this  way. I went back to sleep and woke up to nothing.

I was partially scared that dad had already gone without telling me or that he might not even get to say goodbye. That's what scared me even more I won't lie. How can I just sit there when I don't know here he is? Also I don't know why I'm surprised he put me to bed last night.  He liked to treat me like a child because apparently I'm still his baby's and I can't be treated like a adult. Although that does mean I get my way so yeh I'll suck it up for that.

I walked downstairs to dad watching me with a smile it's only 11am
" why didnt you wake me?" I asked and he looked at Scarlett who was red " she told me to
Let you sleep as you looked so peaceful" and I nodded smiling to myself that's as nice of her. Oh shut up nova.

Scarlett's POV

So I had nova coming to stay now. It's staring I had gotten all of her things I knew she can't have changed much in the time we've stopped talking. I should have this all right I hope. So I put her stuff away and sorted her Room. It's actually opposite mine but I didn't tell her that because I didn't wanna freak her out. The room had a lock but I was scared she'd not come back out of the room so I took it of when they came to see her room up. I appreciate everything and I hope she likes it.

She's at least talking to me and that's like makes me so happy. Yes it's one worded answers but she's actually answering me. And it feels great to know that I have a little contact with her. She's a amazing kid and I love her so much. I'm gonna work hard to prove to her I can be her mum and that I just messed up.

I had to make her favourite to eat for dinner rose was at her dads for the day she'd be back just before Chris had to go. It was her dads day with her so I wasn't gonna argue. Anyway the meal  was nice and watching the movie. I hadn't felt like this since before nova knew. Maybe all will be okay? Who am I kidding nothing is going to be okay until I show her I love her.

She'd fallen asleep during the movie and I had to wake Chris up to take her. Now I can take her myself but if she woke and saw me I think she'd freak out and yell so I stood by my chances and let Chris take her to bed. He's a good dad and he cares.i got extremely lucky with him.

When I woke up the next morning I felt happy yet sad. Yes I got to try and repair my relationship with my child but she's also going to be missing  Chris. I'm gonna miss Chris. He's been my rock with it all and I don't wanna over step. Having to step back and let him raise her alone was hard. But I didn't deserve to be her mum not after I gave her up. Yes it was for the best for her because I wasn't fit to mother her but I'm scared I'm still not. Mothering her is different to rose because when I last tried with nova I Almost hurt my baby. And I'd she'd been hurt I don't think I would of forgiven myself. But she doesn't need to know any of that yet. She doesn't need to know that because I want her to forgive me. I don't want hee to think I'm
Making an excuse. I didn't parent her and I wanna change that. I wanna change it all so that's hopefully what I'll be doing.

She was still sleeping I assumed because she never gets out of bed. I knew that it was going to be a hard day I wouldn't kid myself so it's better she gets all the sleep she can. Chris wasn't going to leave yet and not without saying goodbye. I understood that i couldn't leave without saying bye to her too. I'd always make an excuse to see her before I left and I'm shocked she never got it. But I didn't tell her why obviously but it always meant a lot  when she said she'd miss me.

Nova was eating while Chris made sure to check all of his times. The driver would be outside in a hour and. A half and time goes by fast when you don't want it too. Novalie looked like she wanted to break my clock because even I thought it was irritating. It just kept going it didn't slow down. Chris was asking " okay what is it you wnat this time?"Any place her travels she slays asks for something so she can have a piece of it. He always got her a magnet for the fridge so that he could also keep track of where he's been. " erm probably an outfit" she said I mean I don't blame her the clothes there are so pretty. And we'll she isn't religious but she loves pretty things. She always hated when we dragged her to church she didn't like it because she didn't believe in any of it.

We heard a car horn and well I knew it was time now for him to go even though it felt like we had so much time left. Nova looked distant and sad and I coudnt blame her. Chris got up and started to take his stuff out I walked to the front door to let them have some level of privacy. The next thing I knew was Chris hugged me " take care of my little girl" and I nodded " with everything I have" and I smiled as he pulled back. " I'll text you and I'll let you know everything even when I fart" he said kissing novas for head and then walking away " I love you nova" and she smiled " I love you too old man"

____________________________

Novas POV  in the next one

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️