Chapter fifty four

Novas POV

I got inside the house and I frowned at my situation. Where did it all go wrong. Just after I was born apparently. But seriously I don't know how to just move past this when she doesn't have a good reason.

I could smell brownies which was strange because dad and I had just gone out for ice cream so who was making it. I walked into the kitchen to see Scarlett cleaning while Lizzie put things away. " hey" Lizzie said smiling at us and me and dad both probably had the same confused looks on our faces. L we wanted brownies so we made them?" Now what's the chance there weed brownies? Because believe it or not they've done that before and it was the funniest thing ever. They made  weed ones and normal ones for me and rose. But because they all looked the same they got confused and didn't know which was which. So when me and rose ate a few they all had heart attacks because Scarlett thought we'd eaten weed. When actually they had gotten it completely right and we had the normal  ones. Now I didn't find out till I saw her almost dying in the floor.

" hey erm I'm confused where did you get the stuff?" Dad asked and Lizzie smiled getting her phone out to show him " I just ordered groceries Also that reminds me Chris you  are out of milk and eggs you don't leave for 3 days" and he nodded " exactly I don't leave for 3 days why should I buy new things when they won't finish" and she shook her head " nova how was you're ice cream?" And I scoffed " like you don't know" and she smiled wide she's so irritating some times. Scarlett had stayed quite not even Turing to look at me properly " you can have a sleep
Over with rose" Lizzie said and I nodded that at least a good thing that I get more time with my sister. My little sister. Wow didn't think I'd have one of those. Well maybe I could have another sibling if dad would get out there and meet someone. But nope he has to be a good dad doesn't he. Well actually making me stay with Scarlett isn't being the best dad.

" yeh well that's seems to be the only good thing" and Lizzie looked over  at Scarlett who just looked really sad but why should I care she didn't when I was upset. She didn't care to be there as my mum
When I needed her. It wouldn't have changed anything it's still the same relationship she just didn't wAnna be my mum. She was there for me just not as who she should of been and that's why I can't look past it.

I had to go upstairs to get my school work done. Seeing  as I was excluded I still had work and well I intend on staying ahead of the class. I was ahead by a lot too. Oh shit how am I gonna get out of school if I stay with Scarlett. It's a good thing I don't nearly go and anyway we're gonna be in holidays next week so I should get away with the least few days. I didn't know if dad had told her about  school or not I hope not because I can't do with that headache. Even if we're not talking shell tell me off for cutting school. I know her.

" come on you gotta eat" Lizzie said stood in my door way and I nodded getting up " how's the school work?" And I smiled " it's okay I'm staying ahead so it's hard to ask my friends for help when I'm ahead of all the work" and she nodded " I'm proud that you've gotten ahead  of it all. You're a smart kid nova." And I smiled my hard work being recognised feels nice. " novalie?" And I nodded " did you hear me" and I shook my head I must of zoned out " I said have you told you're dad?" And I nodded " he knows" and she asked " and Scarlett?" and  I shook my head " I haven't got a clue and I don't care" that came out a lot more harsh but why bring her up right now that's not fair.

I went into  the living room and took my normal seat. We're having pizza which is different " so first ice cream and brownies now pizza?" And dad nodded what the hell. He definitely feels guilty over this because he has a heart attack over me eating candy. Although maybe I'd I did start to take care of myself more I'd be able to run with him. But I don't have to worry about any of that he's gone for a month. And I can just guilt him for the next few months out of making me go so yeh I got
Time.

After I'd done eating I went upstairs again and I started to wash my face. I didn't wanna break out and well my routine was important. When I had the energy I did it but I'm human ofcourse there are those days where I can't be asked to do any of it. I use face soap and moisture that it. The simple stuff helps my skin most. The more I use the worse it gets so this is the best for me.

I wanted to get my routine done fast so I could read my new book. And by book I mean comic. And also my new book that's been given to me by my friend. Apparently because I enjoy reading I'll enjoy the book. I don't know that logic but okay.

I got into bed and closed my eyes I did hear my phone beep but I ignored it whatever it is can  wait till the morning or I won't get to sleep. I let myself drift off to sleep.

Scarlett's POV

" where are you going?" Chris asked me and I smiled " I have to say goodnight" and he nodded letting me go. I know she's probably asleep but I don't feel right not saying goodnight. I'm going home with rose tonight I did  go home last night but I came  back for the day. Same with tomorrow but with tomorrow we're gonna be building a new swing set for Chris's garden. I walked into the room and saw my baby fast asleep. I walked over  and kissed her goodnight and left the room. I didn't wanna wake her or she'd probably scream the whole house down.

______________________________

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️