Chapter thirty eight

Novas POV

We got into the car and Fennon sighed " how about we get an ice cream first?" And I raised na eyebrow " why we have a party to get to with loads of sweets" I was trying to play her  into telling me why she didn't wanna take me straight home " I don't know if it's done yet. So McDonald's it is" and I nodded okay that makes sense I get that. So we drove around for ages just playing music while I just let myself enjoy the pace and quite. I don't know when I'm gonna beg this time again to just relax so I may aswell just calm myself down. There's no Libby in thinking and just doing that. I wanted to enjoy myself I really didn't have a good feeling about any of this. Do I wanna know? Yes I do because I have to know what Scarlett is to me. I have to know if the women I think of as a mother is my mother. If she's a liar and if the rest of my family are just as bad. If they could hurt me like this and just not care how I was going to feel. I had to know.

I kinda knew it was different with her and that's why I have to know. Some things she does for me. The way she some times acts with me it's how she would with rose and yes I know I'm like her daughter but maybe it's not like. And usually I'm competitive and I'm wanna win. I don't wanna win this. I can't because I'm losing someone important to me and everyone else because I can't look at anyone the same. Not I'm right that's  for sure. But I have hope and that's all I can hang on to at the moment.

" you okay over there?" Fen said and I nodde do wanted to stay quiet and just listen to the music. Music calms me in a way that I don't get very often. It makes me wan an turn off but the right song ca make me wanna dance and yell at the top of my lungs. It's like a move a song. It takes you on a story and so many different emotions. Also music can help someone through hard times. Like the right song I should say.

" come on let's go to you're party" and I smiled I was gonna have to pretend I didn't know. Or I could just be like yes I know and Scarlett would kill fen. Which would be amusing to see but I knew if I enjoyed tahts he'd come for me next. Also any excuse to just try and work on my acting is a bonus. It's gonna help me improve a lot and yeh.

I got out of the car and I looked at my outfit. Maybe I should change? I dunno I and the coke in my hand so I knew I'd have to go hide that first or head ask me what it was na so can't answer that just yet. I have to find out and then they can know. " you look fine" fen said to me and I smiled maybe I do but I dunno the dress code for this whole thing  maybe I'm over dressed but maybe I'm under dressed. Oh god I gotta stop thinking it's dangerous.

" you ready?" Ans I nodded here goes nothing. I walked ina nd went into the side room which was also a study for dad. He did zoom Calls in here because it was the only room in the house you couldn't hear anything in. Like I'd blended so many smoothies while he wa son interviews but he could hear so it didn't matter. I went to the desk and locked the file in the empty one. No way of him noticing while I'm gone. Also I took the key after locking it because he didn't need to know. And matka's key I took that and I knew Scarlett leaves her keys in the dish at the front so I put them back but fen didn't look impressed with me in the slightest but it's okay.

" come on" she whispered and I walked in: the fist person I saw was my dad and well he was smiling very happily. I looked around and they all yelled " surprise!" And I giggled " I should of know" I said and they all smiled clearly being the lie I was telling. It's okay I don't feel bad. " happy birthday" my matka said and I smiled wide she didn't need to be here. Actually my whole family was here even Scarlett's so this was a surprise. They've all got busy lives in different locations and have jobs so I dunno how they all got here. And for me I mean they didn't even need to tell here they are waiting for me to talk more. " I didn't expect it" and I thank god that Christopher has taught me to act. Thank god I'm not a crap liar. Now I am when under pressure or guilt but I'm not of this.

" soooo" Lizzie said and I giggled while looking around they've done a good job " I love the green" and that made them all happier I could see. How could these people hurt me? Don't nova enjoy this while you have it. " there's more outside" my dad said while he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. Now I'm small so his steps are like 5 of mine. So yes he was dragging me without knowing. But when I saw the garden I smiled " you got me a bouncy castle?" And dad nodded he was very proud I could see " thanks dad" I said hugging him. He pulled me in closer and just hugged me. " we helped" Lizzie said and I pulled back " you wnat a hug too olsen?" And she nodded very fast so I went over to her and hugged her too. " hey what about me?" Scarlett said walking out and I smiled wider " all hugged out sorry" and I don't think I've seen her pout before but she's doing it right now. " fine I get it." She said walking off but I actually felt bad so I went after her and pulled her into a tight hug. I had my arms around her neck and she pulled me in closer if it was possible. " happy birthday baby" she whispered and I felt warm when she said it but again there's that hope of her not being my mute he just slowly going.

____________________________

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal
Get a good sleep

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️