Chapter fourty

Novas POV

" come on bubs" dad said stood next to my cake. Okay so everyone's looking at me. No shit it's my birthday. They all started to sing for me and I stood there attempting to not look anyone in the eyes because how fucking awks . Yes they are my family but I'd rather fall of the sinking titanic then look someone in the eyes while they sing me happy birthday. Usually at this point I'm a sarcastic mess and we'll
We've gotten there laidies and gentle men. I'm talking to myself in my own head. wow. Lord you gotta help me out here. I've been good. I've been present. What did I do to deserve this much attention. I blew out the candles and smiled okay I'm out. " wait we need you cutting the cake" Lizzie said holding her camera up to get me in the shot. " can someone check if it's actually recording" I said because once I start I can't stop. So fennon got up and looked Lizzie was pouting. She's shit with this tuff so I had to make someone who knew check. " no she wasn't" fennon said laughing and Lizzie scoffed " I was but it came off" and I nodded yeh right. I cut the cake while eveyone took there slices. And I tried to walk away But as I made my move Lizzie grabbed my shoulders " present time!" She cheered and I wanted to sob. She sat me down on the couch while dad handed me loads of boxes. Now I also can't take a present because it makes me feel like they think I wanna be spoiled and yes I do but they don't need to know.also this dread in the pit of my stomach wasn't helping me at all.

I'd gotten a lot of trainers which was actually the best thing. I'd got the dyson hair thing which I'd mentioned once but I did really want it. I just wanted to save to get it. And then loads of clothes and a new iPad. Dad got me it for school which I knew was bribery to carry on with school. Lizzie had gotten me clothes and a new charm for my bracelet.she'd gotten me that bracelet when I was 10 and she's given me the charms for it every year. The year it's a heart. And aunt scar got me everything I'd been wanting. My race car jacket that I'd been looking for. My Jordan's. She'd gotten me new make up and skin care. She's also got me a wii. Which was what I'd asked for Christmas but it's as sold out then but it's nice to know she doesn't forget. But the best gift from everyone was all the money I'd gotten. I'm grateful for presents but the money was amazing. Because I got to share it with others. I always donate it all.

As they all cleared the mess away I felt like everything just stopped. Like there all moving but I'm not. I can't bring myself to lose them. I know I can't lose hope but the more it all plays around in my head the more I know they've all lied. These people that are supposed to be my family have lied to me. Even if my mother isn't anyone I know they know who she is. And they haven't told me the truth.

" hey monkey you okay" dad said couching down next to me. I nodded but he looked concerned " novalie" and I nodded trying not to think and let my emotions get the better of me. " I'm okay just overwhelmed with the stuff" and he nodded I think that's enough to get him of my back. For now anyway. " so novs we will see you later" hunter said. I glanced at the time and it was half 7. I got up to hug them all and they all left. Now it's my 3 people cleaning. Rose was sat next to me and fennon came up to hug me. " don't go to hard on them" she whispered and I nodded although that didn't help me. " nova" rose said and I turned to look at her. I wish I was her age again. I wish I could be that small and innocent and not know any of this. " yeh sweetheart" and she smiled at me but she got up and hugged me. I smiled and buried my face into her hair " I love you" and I felt tears forming " I love you too" she pulled back and smiled at me. She's so sweet. She doesn't have to be but she is. But that's just her as a person. " do you guys need any help?" I asked and Lizzie nodded. She was currently putting food away. So I went into the kitchen to grab more containers and I helped her pack it up. Dad had taken the balloons outside to pop. And Scarlett was sweeping. " did you enjoy you're day?" Lizzie asked and I nodded " yeh I did" I said but she noticed I was quite " you okay" and I nodded. I took a piece of brownie and placed it in my mouth and Lizzie did the same. " hey! You said I couldn't pack the food because I'd eat it all. No fair" dad whisks walking back in and I giggled at him.

I stepped back as Lizzie and dad took the containers and I nodded. Now or never. I went upstairs and it felt like I was just walking in place. It doesn't feel real like an outer body experience. I got to my room and there sat that paper. I loved forward to pick it up. It was in the folder still but it's folded so I can't see anyway. I took it out and I sighed. How is never done any of this before is beyond me. Maybe I just wanted to live in denial. Maybe I knew finding the truth was going to hurt me that's why I didn't. But if I don't know now then I won't bring myself to do it later.

I opened up the paper and I scanned it. I didn't know here itd say. But then my eyes landed on my full name. And then my dads name under it. And then I saw her name.

_____________________________

Bababooooiiieeee

Sutchka

Hehehhehehhey

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal
Get a good sleep

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️