Chapter fifty three

Novas POV

Dad drives like a grandma. Actually a old lady passed us on her little scooter that's how fast he's going. " can I drive?" And he shook his head " no you're reckless remember the last time" And I smiled " it's not my fault that the car was a sports car." I loved driving it it's my favourite thing but I can't do it since Scarlett and Lizzie both found out and made dad make sure I can't unless I'm with an instructor or I've actually passed.

Dad had finally gotten to the ice cream shop which took so much longer then it had to. You can get tickets for going to slow which if this happens again I'm calling the police myself and telling them Chris evans drives like a snail.
The ice cream place wasn't busy tahts why we come here. Dad love agh place he has since he was a kid and well they all knew him very well. " what you feel like?" He asks me and I smiled " chocolate everything and nuts" and he nodded that's the same thing I get every single time. Chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and brownie pieces with a flake and chocolate chips and sprinkles along with my nuts. It wa wthe best and they gave a wafer which just hits different. Dad loves to get cookie dough with white chocolate sauce and rainbow sprinkles for colour. He used to always eat the rainbow ice cream I think it was called crazy party or something but they stopped making it. It was the places own flavour and you can't get it anywhere else but if he asks ahead of time they usually make him a tub to take home. The perks of being Chris evans. We sat down ina booth in the corner so if someone did come in they wound recognise him. He's sat with his back to the door and well I'm not really as famous so I don't really worry. It's so difficult going out with all three of them though it's sweet to see them and everything but when we stand there for more then an hour and the crowd is getting bigger I wanna throw myself down the stairs. Dad knows that and tried to help me but it doesn't really help. Like at all so I try to limit where we go and make them give me the keys so I can at least leave.

" okay novs so I'm gonna be honest I have some news" and I should of known he was buttering me up for something " you're not my dad?" And he went wide eyed " no no.I mean I am you're dad" and I giggled at how he was now so stressed this was funny. " novalie" he sighed and so I laughed again. " my filing got moved to new week" and I nodded " that's so soon" and he nodded " yep I have 3 days" and I went wide eyed " what?!?"he gave me a sympathetic smile " so who are you leaving me with" and he started to stare at his hands oh I really don't have a good feeling about any of this " well I trust everyone but there's only one person I know I can leave you with" oh god please don't say it. Please don't say it. " I asked Scarlett and she said she'd love to have you" and I fucking knew that's what he was going to say. Did I or did I not just say that. " nope no I'll stay alone no" and he sighed " nova you're not staying alone. You're staying with Scarlett and that's final" he used his dad voice which means no arguing but I couldn't believe after everything he was saying this to me " no . After everything I'm not even talking to her and you want me to stay with her for a month" and he nodded " yes I do she's you're mother wether  you like it or not and yes she's a idiot but she loves you and I know she'll look after you" and I sighed fuck his stupid logic having to make sense but what about mine? She left me and she didn't wanna raise me she's not going to get to now. " nova please" and I sighed " what about Lizzie?" And he shook his head " she's going out of town for filming and you know my mom is going to stay with Scott in LA so Scarlett's our only choice" and I groaned ofcourse she is. It's like the universe is telling me to suck it. " did you ask her?" Ans he nodded " yes she was actually excited" and I rolled my eyes " why? She didn't wanna raise me before what's changed" and dad sighed " she loves you. Yes she didn't make the right choice but that doesn't mean she loves you any less" and I shook my head " that's exactly what that means".  We ate in silence while I tried to figure out any way to not stay  with Scarlett but everything I came up with he had a response too. He's thought about it all and I can't think of any more excuses. We'd done in the shop and were on our way back.

" I don't wanna" I finally said and he gave me a amused smile " you used to beg me to let you go see her" and I stopped him " that was before I knew that she was my mum. And before I knew she didn't wanna be my mum" and he sighed again " you two have to talk" and I shook my head " no I don't have to" and he looked at me " you're gonna spend a whole month in her house not talking to her" and I nodded that's exactly what I plan on doing. I can't believe this is happening to me. She's hurt me and now they're making me stay with her. Do I not count for anything. I mean I know I don't really have other options but come on.

________________________________

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal
Get a good sleep

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️