Chapter twenty seven

Novas POV

" come on novs play with me" rose yelled form the top of the slide thing and I laughed. Yeh this was built for kids but it's also built so parents can fit up there so I didn't think I'd have an issue with fitting. When you think about it this place isn't exactly safe for kids to be alone or without supervision. I mean I'm old enough to be left unsupervised even though all of them would definitely disagree of that information.

I climbed the stairs and got to sit at the top looking down it was very high up and well there are just open gaps like where the stairs are and there a pole to slide down but what of the kid gets caught and like falls over. That's a long fall and not a good place to land. We played around and I knew rose was enjoying herlsef but I wanted a time out to like re charge so I made dad take over for me while I sat on the swing and just sat there. " what's on you're mind?" Aunt Scarlett said sitting next to me and I smiled because it's weird I wasn't supposed to see her until my birthday but it never works out like that. I have to see her at least once a day or it's not a good day. And if I can't see her I have to speak to her or it doesn't count. I discovered this when I in that routine of seeing her everyday and all day for them days and she had to leave for 2 weeks to go film at the time and I remember I felt like something was missing. And it wasn't like normal it was just I missed her so much and that's how I realised how much she means to me and how much she's affected me without me knowing. " nothing well  that's not true but nothing important" and she hummed " care to elaborate?" And I nodded I don't think I made an ounce of sense " well I'm just reminiscing on everything's how difficult and strange everything is. How life just works itself out." And she hummed in agreement she was amazing at listening to me talk for ages . Dad eventually got tired and well it was just after lunch  so he suggested we all go back to our house so he can cook his famous pasta. Which it's the most simple thing and he makes it seem like the most complicated dish to ever be created. I didn't get why he did but he did.

After the food rose had passed out next to me on the couch watching sponge bob and I smiled to myself. I loved this show and well I'd never known that aunt scar was on the show. I remember when she first told me it was the  episode she was in. She sat next to me waiting with a small smile I hadn't even realised. And I didn't believe her when she told me either I just laughed and told her I'd know but when she replayed it and made me close my eyes I heard it. I knew it's a show and it just made it so much more cooler to me . We knew one of the characters and not many people can say that.

She's also been in the jungle book which was my favourite book as a kid. She actually came with me and dad to the book store when I first bought it. It was the only story at bed time that I wanted dad to read me for bed. I couldn't have anything else or I couldn't sleep. Dad got sick of it very fast but he said by the way I always smiled at it he'd put up with it. But yeh he could recite that whole thing even now.

" how about I put rose in the guest room and you two come up when you're ready?" Dad asked while he was already lifting rose up " you're staying?" I asked and she nodded " never miss any quality time with you" she said and I smiled at her. She asked me if  I wanted to watch a. Movie and ofcourse I was going to say yes dad never lets me stay up late and aunt scar was the same. Lizzie has tried so many times trust me even movie marathons they make me go to bed and then we continue it in the next day because 'sleep is important for me to grow' I dunno how much they want me to grow if I'm honest I'm already grown. I mean I hit puberty ages ago and that was another funny one. I knew what it all was I'd had that talk at school but I didn't tell dad or my aunts because to me it wasn't that big of a deal.  Also I felt like the conversation would of led to more awkward talks and I'd had enough of them for a life time.

I remember I'd ran out of pads and I needed more so I left my room and went to my dad to ask To go to the store and we'll my aunts were over too and he'd asked me why and I said " I need more pads" it's not like it was something I'd need to be embarrassed about I mean it's just my dad. He went red in the face though and then the other two looked like they whet into pure shock. " since when?" Lizzie asked and I shrugged sitting down " 5 month now I think" and that one Sent  them all off " you didn't tell us?!" She said said and I  shrugged " what was there to tell" and aunt scar spoke " oh you know just our little girl has become a young women" and I laughed at the fact they were all freaking out " my baby isn't a baby anymore" dad said and I hated the sound of that. " I'm still the same me I was a  few minutes ago. Look it's nothing serious I didn't think it'd be such a big deal" and they all nodded but they were all thinking. Of what I didn't know what myself. But you can tell because they were all staring at everything and  in all different directions and just quite. " can we go?" I said and that seemed to do the trick because dad got up and nodded he almost tripped over the carpet on his way out but he was fine.

______________________________

Remember to drink water
Eat a full meal
Get a good sleep

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️