One

"Do you know what I love about this?"

A man stands over the bleeding body of another man. The man on the ground wheezes, gargling on his own blood.

"You could really learn from something like this you know? Because this is how I got to where I am. And I love doing it."the man says.

"Steph, he's choking."One of the many spectators says.

"Oh my goodness, where are my manners, I'm sorry kid."Stephen nudges the boy on the ground to his side and letting the blood drain out of his mouth.

"Although I'm sorry it had to come to this, do you think you can answer my question now?"Stephen asks politely.

The wheezing man on the ground slowly nods.

"Daddy!"Stephen quickly sits up.

"Shit. Hurry up, get this mother fucker out of here. Hurry, hurry, my babygirl is coming."Stephen rushes.

One of the many spectators grab the boy by his ankles and pull him into the nearest closet, leaving a trail of blood.

"Daddy where are you!"

A girl in a schoolgirl uniform enters the room.

"Hi guys."she says, seeing some long time employees of her father.

"Hey princess."one of them smiles back.

"How you doin doll?"another asks.

"I'm good uncle Rico, have you seen my dad?"She asks.

"Yeah he's just over there."Rico says.

She smiles as she sees her father wiping his hands and she runs to him she jumps into his arms and he chuckles as he spins her around.

"Hi daddy! I didn't hear you come in last night."she says as he lowers her to the ground.

"Oh yeah I didn't want to wake my angel."He smiles.

"So what is it you need babygirl?"he asks, taking her hand and walking her back towards the door of the room, distracting her from the trail of blood leading to the closet.

"Well, you remember when you said if I passed my math quiz I could go to Sonya's party?"she asks.

"I do not."he says.

"Daddy!"she says.

"Alright alright, yeah what about it?"he asks.

She pulls out a folded piece of paper from the breast pocket of her jacket and hands it to him.

He unfolds it and smiles, seeing the bright red A+ on her paper.

"Awe look at that babygirl, I'm proud of you."he chuckles.

"So can I go? Can I go, can I go can I go?"she asks, her eyes sparkling with hope.

"Yes, you may go but be back before 10 alright. I'm making pesto for dinner."he says.

"Oh thank you daddy!"she jumps into his arms, hugging him once more before running out of the room.

He kicks the door closed and huffs.

"Oh man, it's hard to believe she's about to graduate."Rico says.

"I know, it feels like I was changing her diapers yesterday."Another says.

"Shut up you idiots before you make me cry. Get the son of a bitch out here."Stephen huffs.

"She sure filled out though, didn't she."

The room comes to a deafening silence. Stephen turns around with a small smile on his face.

"Who said that?"he asks.

No one was brave enough to respond.

Stephen instantly pulls out a gun and the room tenses.

"I'm gonna need whoever said that to step up, or else everyone in here is getting a bullet."

Instantly 2 men shove a man before Stephen.

He points the gun at the man.

"Did you say that about my daughter?"Stephen asks.

"Y-yes sir but I didn't mean any disrespect."he says.

Stephen chuckles, throwing his arm around the man.

"It's fine kiddo, my daughter is a beautiful young woman. Are you familiar with guns?"he asks, taking him towards the back of the room.

"Yes sir."he says.

"What do you think about this? Custom made with gold filaments."he says.

"It's beautiful sir."he says.

"Yes I know, but it has a flaw. "Stephen says, pressing the back of the gun to the man's face.

"The kickback is aggressive."he then fires the gun against the man's face and the screams as the back of the gun hits his face, shattering the bone of is eye socket.

The boy screams, falling to the ground and rolling around in pain.

"You keep them filthy eyes off my daughter, or I'll take the other one out too."Stephen says.

He turns back to the rest of his men.

"That goes for all of you. Let's get this on the move."he demands.

......

My name is Tiffany James. I just turned 18, and I'm the daughter of a murderous mafia don. Stephen James is one of the most wanted criminals in the state.

But, no matter how many times he gets arrested, they can never charge him.

But it makes me happy, I love my dad and he loves me. He owns the city, and one day, maybe I will.

My dad doesn't even know that I know what he does. And as long as I keep it that way, I'll stay out of the family business.

I mean come on, you can't think I wouldn't notice the trail of blood leading to the closet.

Clearly I'm not that oblivious.