50

I sat on my floor for hours. I had texted my dad to tell everyone, everyone, to leave because the party was over.

I no longer heard the commotion downstairs. It was silent, and I was thinking.

But, suddenly I heard music. Piano.

Then I realize my favorite song: I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor was playing.

I stand up, wiping my dripping mascara as I unlock the door, opening it.

The music gets louder as I walk towards the rail and look over. I see colorful lights flashing and I huff as I kick off my heels and begin walking down the stairs.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and then look into the dancefloor that had set up.

And I see Mikkel.

I fold my arms as I see him. He takes a deep breath as if he were giving himself a mental pep talk.

Then he begins to sway.

Instantly, I had to force my resting bitch face as I tried to smile.

He begins dancing, making his way towards me. I look back and see my dad and Jord, both recording on their phones, mouth agape.

He finally moses his way on down to me, and then offered me his hand, taking deep breaths.

"I am sorry. For everything."he says.

I smile a bit, looking at him.

"Please take my hand. I look like a fuckin idiot."

I chuckle as I take his hand and he groans in relief.

"Now dance with me."
...

I lean my face against Mikkel's shoulder as we sway softly.

"I still don't forgive you."I say softly.

His hand caresses the small of my back and he takes a sniff of my neck.

"...I know."he says quietly.

"I appreciate your efforts."I say, taking a breath of his scent.

He pulls me closer, gripping my waist and brushing his lips against my neck.

"You've never been so gentle."I say.

"I've never been this relaxed."he says as my hand slowly slip around his waist.

"You're relaxed?"I say.

"Yes, I'm very relaxed. Even with the blade you have against my ribs."he says.

"Hm..felt that, did ya?"I ask softly.

"C'mon tiff, I'm not dumb."he says.

"It was really shitty what you did."I say as his fingers slowly run up my spine.

"I know. I didn't mean to be so shitty about it. I couldn't take seeing Ma like that."he says softly against my ear.

"I let my anger get the best of me. I shouldn't have blamed you for everything, you didn't do anything wrong."he says softly before placing a soft kiss against my neck.

I blink tears from my eyes and watch them roll down Mikkel's jacket.

I lift my hand slightly and allow the small letter opener knife fall to the ground.

"What else has changed about you?"I ask.

He chuckles a bit.

"Everything but my cologne."he says.

"I noticed that."I say, laying my head against his chest.

"What about you? What's changed about you in six months?"he asks.

I smile.

"A lot."