Fifty Seven

I smile as I smell fresh baked cookies as I walk into the bedroom. I huff, checking my watch as I pick up my small medication bag, taking out my birth control despenser.

I open it as I hear footsteps approaching.

"Hey."Mikkel says, coming into the room and undoing his tie.

"Hey."I say, popping a birth control pill into my mouth.

"Hey, whoa what's that?"Mikkel asks as I pick up my bottle of water.

"...birth control?"I say.

"Why?"he questions.

"Why?"I chuckle.

"Yeah, don't you think a baby would be nice?"Mikkel asks.

"No?"I say.

"Awe."he says.

"Are you feeling alright?"I ask, swallowing my pill.

"Of course. Why?"he asks before entering the bathroom.

Mikkel hates children.

"I thought you didn't like kids."I say.

"I didn't like them because I wasn't stable. As you can see, we're pretty stable now."he says, motioning to the large house.

"Well, I'd just rather not, okay?"I say.

"That's fine."he shrugs.

I walk back over to my medicine, putting it back in the bag and tucking it away somewhere safe.

I huff as I sit down on the bed and he walks out of the bathroom shirtless.

I smile, seeing his body. It's always so refreshing.

"How was your day when I was gone?"he asks, walking over to me and gripping my hands.

I chuckle as he places kisses to the back of both my hands.

"It was fun. Miriam and I made cookies, and then she took me out to the garden and thought me how to plant flowers."I smile.

"Sounds a lot better than my day."he chuckles, making me smile.

"What were you doing?"I ask, gripping his belt and pulling him close so I could hug his waist, making him chuckle.

"I was offering someone a business deal. They weren't very keen on taking it, but after some mutual persuasion he agreed."Mikkel smiles, running his fingers through my hair.

"And by mutual persuasion you mean.."I say.

"Round the clock torture."

This makes me chuckle, at least he still has his violent tendencies that I do so admire.

"Mikkel, what's in the basement?"

This causes him to momentarily stop my incredible scalp massage.

"Uh, well mostly old junk. Some stuff I bought at auction."he shrugs.

"Why is the basement all locked up then?"I ask, looking up at him.

"Because it's junk, none of it goes with the house."he chuckles.

"Can I see it?-"

"No."he instantly cuts me off.

"Whoa."I say.

"Sorry. Just, the basement is full of camel spiders."

My face instantly contorts to disgust.

"And you still bought the house?!"I say.

He chuckles.

....

Luca huffs as he looks down at Mikkel.

"You haven't spoken to me in 3 days. Surely you have something to say today."he says.

Mikkel doesn't speak.

Luca groans.

"You're taking all the fun out of his."he says, picking up the cattle prong.

He jams it into Mikkel's chest and zaps him once, making Mikkel jump.

He still remains quiet.

"Speak."Luca demands before zapping Mikkel again.

Mikkel's face contorts with pain, but his mouth remained closed.

"SPEAK!"he sticks the prong into Mikkel's stomach and holds the button down, continuously electrocuting Mikkel.

After a good 45 seconds, he takes it away, leaving Mikkel shaking and out of breath.

And yet, not a sound escaped his lips.

"I hate you."Luca says, dropping the cattle prong.

"Don't want to talk. You would talk to me all the time when we were kids. Remember some of the things you would say?"Luca asks angrily tearing through the drawers of his equipment table till he finds a knife.

"You'll never be stronger than me, Luca."Luca says, walking over to Mikkel, knife in hand.

Mikkel doesn't move, or show fear. Luca lunges at him, jamming the knife into Mikkel's stomach and causing Mikkel to grunt.

"Look at you now. Weak. You can't even break these chains-"Luca was cut off by Mikkel parting his lips and spraying blood through his teeth all over Luca's face.

Luca instantly gags, backing away.

Using this small diversion, Mikkel spits the sharp metal out into his hand and then tucks it away behind his back.

"You're disgusting!"Luca shouts at Mikkel.

"And you're a fuckin pussy. There's a fuckin knife in my gut look at me I'm not bitching."Mikkel says.

"Finally he speaks."Luca says, quickly trying to disinfect his face.

"Tiffany knows your not me. You're too much of a bitch, and it shows."Mikkel says.

"You have no right to talk about what's best for Tiffany, your not balls deep in her every night."Luca says.

"Oooo big burn your fucking my girl wait till she finds out who you really are and fuckin kills you."Mikkel says, spitting blood as he talks.

"She's not like you, Mikkel. I don't know why you even abandoned her in the first place."Luca says.

"She is like me. Which is why I know she's gonna fuckin kill you."Mikkel says smiling as blood drips from his teeth.

Luca reaches down and yanks the blade out of Mikkel's stomach and Mikkel shouts, looking down at the wound.

He then chuckles as the wound starts to slowly heal.

"When she sees you can't do this it's over for you."Mikkel says.

Jealousy fills Luca as he watches the wound he caused disappear.

"We'll see, brother."Luca says, pulling the hood back down over Mikkel's face.

"Fuckin pussy."Mikkel says.

Luca rolls his eyes as he walks towards the basement stairs.