Fifty Three

I open my eyes, looking across my room to see where Mikkel was usually after sex, smoking a cigarette out the window.

But he wasn't there.

I look back, shocked to see Mikkel actually asleep next to me in bed, clinging to my waist for dear life.

I instantly smile. First the incredible new sex, now he actually sticks around after?

I rebel in the familiar feeling of him being there, and I loved the fact that his scent had rubbed off on my pillows and blankets.

Although, I am disappointed that I gave in to him. I think I always will.

I feel him shift in his sleep, and he pulls me close. Made me feel like crying.

I slightly sit up, his hand slipping off of my waist and causing him to open his eyes.

"Wait."he says, gripping my waist.

"For what?"I ask.

"Just wait"he says groggily.

"Im not waiting for anything, am I?"I say.

He doesn't respond.

I chuckle as I get up, making him begin to slowly sit up.

I walk over to my bathroom, looking in the mirror. I was wearing an oversized shirt, a gift from my father.

I recognize myself for once, covered in hickeys with frizzy sex hair. Mikkel walks into the bathroom as well, his pants still undone, showing his V line perfectly.

He leans down and presses a few kisses against my neck before walking over towards the toilet.

"Look, I'm back to looking like I normally do."I say, feeling a bit sad.

"Is that a bad thing?"Mikkel asks over the sound of his own urinating.

"I think so. I've been discovering myself, growing. Changing as a person. Trying to, at least. But I always end up covered in hickeys with frizzy sex hair."I say, tears welling in my eyes.

"Why do you have to change? I think you're perfect."Mikkel says.

"I'm dumb, and insecure and I don't know how to stick up for myself."I say.

"Well. Yeah. But that can change, just learn to defend yourself, Tiff."he says, zipping his pants up and walking over to the sink.

"I couldn't even do that if I tried."I huff.

"Why's that?"Mikkel says.

"I'm..small.."I say, looking up at him.

He looks down at me with one of the most serious faces I've ever seen him make.

"You fuckin serious?"he asks, sounding like the old Mikkel.

"Yes I'm serious. Look at me."I say.

"You may be small but that don't mean you can't fight. Have you even tried?"he asks.

I shake my head and this makes him huff.

"Come live at my house, tiff."he says making me scoff.

"I don't think I could ever go back to where I last saw Alecia."I say softly.

"I don't live there anymore."he says, looking away from me as he dries his hands.

"So..where do you live?"

....

I let out a very long, high pitched gasp, my face glued to window of Mikkel's new car as we pull into the driveway of a large Mansion.

Even bigger than my dad's.

The closer we got to the house the more excited I got, I was basically vibrating.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my-"I say.

"Stop bouncing, you're rocking the car."he says as we pull up to the garage door.

I immediately get out of the car, running towards the stairs.

"LOOK AT THESE STAIRS! DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THESE STAIRS ARE?! THE POSTS ARE MARBLE!"I shout.

"I'm aware, I bought the house tiff."he says as he closes his car door.

"Everything is so beautiful!"I shout, running up the stairs.

He chuckles as he follows after me.

....

I laugh excitedly, bouncing as I run around, exploring the glorious mansion.

6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a movie room, a gym, four car garage, granite floors and countertops do I even need to go on!!??

All this excitement whilst Mikkel and another man stood idly by, watching me run back and forth.

"Oh my god just look at that chandelier! My god it's beautiful!"I say.

"Tiffany."Mikkel says.

"The ceilings are so high! And look at those beautiful tiles!"

"Tiffany."

"I can only imagine the bathrooms! I'll be right-"

"Tiffany!"Mikkel shouts, silencing me and instantly stopping my bouncing.

Mikkel clears his throat and then signals to the man next to him.

"This Eli, anything you need he'll get it for you. Can I show you to the bedroom?"he asks.

"Yes."I say quietly.

He chuckles, taking my hand and walking me towards the stairs.

....

We reach the bedroom, and I'm taken aback.

It was beautiful, dark themed. A large picture window with a terrace. A large desk and a large TV, big comfy chairs.

"Do you like it?"he asks, leaning against the door frame.

I only nod.

"So, are you moving in?"

I look back at him, and then take a long inhale.

....